Page updated on 06-21-2018

1993 probe gt v6

08-27-2008, 07:34 PM
I have a 1993 fort probe gt with the 2.5 v6...i have been looking for a while for the alternator belt tensioner pulley but nobody can get it. I know it is a mazda engine so does anyone know what the model of the engine is or a mazda car that the same engine is in so i could try to get if for it?

08-28-2008, 07:59 AM
Go to a Mazda dealer parts department. Get your year and liter size and I think they will know what you need. It cost money to change sizes on pulleys and they are probably the same. A parts man will walk out and look if he needs to at a smaller dealer. Measure the width and diameter where the belt runs. If you have another vehicle take the pulley with you this is always the safest way.
AutoZone and Advanced sell aftermarket idler pulleys Mfg. by Dayco.

Add your comment to this topic!