Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

What makes a maxima a maxima

probehtr300
08-26-2008, 12:05 PM
i own a 300zx and i know lots of you maxima owners are as fanatical about your maximas as we are about our Zs. My question is WHY? Im starting to understand the maxima is marketed as a 4-door sports car. is that the only reason you guys love em so much? I love them personally but would like to know what exactly creates this mysticism around this car. And what you do you guys think should continue in the maxima line and maybe what they should stop doing?

thanks guys

homeskillet43
08-31-2009, 01:46 AM
It is a sporty four door car that you can purchase fully loaded under $35k. It is quick, efficient, and roomy enough for a family. If you have a family and have to go on a roadtrip, no problem. When you pull up at a red light and someone is hinting a race, no problem. When you want to go for a cruise when gas is about $3/gallon, no problem. If you want a semi luxury car and you still want to shift your own gears, no problem

The car is just overall a good car. Nissan really put their money into creating this car. I have been driving Maximas from 1999 to 2009. I believe the best one I have driven was the 2007 Maxima SE. One downfall, I do not like their continuous drive transmission. I like the idea of going through the gears. I hope this answers your question.

Add your comment to this topic!