Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Desperate Sunfire help

fleadick
08-25-2008, 09:47 PM
I've got an 02 sunfire that the wife drives and occassioanally when she slows down it feels like it down shifts, the trac and engine light come on and of course the rpm's go up. If she stops the car turns it off and re-starts it the car runs fine. I changed the transmission filter and fluid but it still does it. What am I missing? Any help or suggestion would be deeply appreciated.

mcalkins3
08-26-2008, 06:18 PM
I would check the TCC, it's always been a GM issue. You may feel it SLIGHTLY engage in bumper to bumper traffic. If it is sticking or going bad you may be able to feel it at low speeds to stop (around 15mph) A good snap on or mac computer can purge the TCC Or any shift solenoid.

fleadick
08-27-2008, 07:38 AM
I would check the TCC, it's always been a GM issue. You may feel it SLIGHTLY engage in bumper to bumper traffic. If it is sticking or going bad you may be able to feel it at low speeds to stop (around 15mph) A good snap on or mac computer can purge the TCC Or any shift solenoid.

Thanks mcalkins3 (http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/member.php?u=583201). I think kI may have narrowed the problem. I took the fuse out of the fuse box for the ABS Sensor, I then drove it for quite a while and had zero problems. The ones that I was experiencing were gone. It's gotta be the ABS.

mcalkins3
08-27-2008, 05:53 PM
By the way what code comes up on the CEL? Also does the ABS light come on apon start up or when moving. this would determine if it's an ABS module or motor problem (not moving) or simpley a poor reluctor ring contact (moving)

Add your comment to this topic!