How to remove 07 Cobalt door panels?

perki3
08-25-2008, 02:30 PM
I have a 2007 Cobalt LS and I want to replace the speakers. I was wondering if anyone here has any experience with a 2007 Cobalt with crank windows? I have to remove the door panels or at lest dislodge them to get to the speakers. I have only looked in the back of the car at the back speakers and think I can figure it out but if anyone has experience with that please let me know what to do.

Thanks!

perki3
08-25-2008, 04:00 PM
I found this for an 06 Cobalt farther back in this forum. It seems to be the same except I have to figure out how to remove the window crank. The only thing is that the diagram to the right has some black bolt like things labeled "3" I don't know what those are and they are not on the surface. I have ran into things like this before but most of the time I end up breaking all those clips getting the thing off. Does anyone know any tricks to not destroy these panels getting them off?

http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h120/vykk_drago/door.gif

corvairbob
12-07-2008, 05:28 PM
you have to remove #1 these are push pins. here is the trick. take a small drive and just under the top screw like head pry it out. then pry out the second head and remove that pin. these are push pins not screws. to replace them leave the pin out and push on the lower part after the lower part is inserted all the way in push on the outer part to cause it to expand. and the screw under the door latch and the finger grab on the arm rest. at these areas you have to take out the cover plate a small drive and little pick bent 90 deg. the take a putty knife for lack of anything else and put it under the panel and the door. start on the bottom to avoid scratches you can see. pop out the panel and the cover comes off. it will have any power wires and speaker wire still attached, be careful and don't cut them or pinch them. hope this helps. i just remove mine on a 06 should be the same. to re-install place the cover back over the door and push the pins that are just Little Xmas pins that popped out before. the

Add your comment to this topic!