Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

***Squeakie Noise When Driving***

danielle_05
08-25-2008, 11:41 AM
Hi,

I have a 2002 chevy cavalier and my drivers front tire squeaks very loudly when ever i drive. does not matter what speed i am going. it also makes a loud thudding noise (from same tire). I wondering if it may be a bent axle or something. Please help! Noise is driving me crazy!!!!!!!!

danielle_05

inafogg
08-25-2008, 02:50 PM
hello, could be low brake pad indicator see if it stops when brake is applyed
not sure on the thud possible tire/rotor.pull the wheel & inspect the brakes, front end parts & tire.good luck

roger0520
10-23-2008, 08:56 AM
yes the squeek could be a brake problem but the thud could be anything from ball joint to strut. should have front end parts checked

muff34
10-23-2008, 02:01 PM
Hi,

I have a 2002 chevy cavalier and my drivers front tire squeaks very loudly when ever i drive. does not matter what speed i am going. it also makes a loud thudding noise (from same tire). I wondering if it may be a bent axle or something. Please help! Noise is driving me crazy!!!!!!!!

danielle_05Did You hit something or what? Why would you suspect that someting is bent ? Maybe it`s the hub cap squeaking ,maybe the rim is bent ,maybe the belts in tire are letting go . We need more information as to when this started/ how long ago and whether or not someone jumped a curb or whatever. Thx

Jacfourteen
10-23-2008, 04:50 PM
If you take it to an alignment/tire shop they will usually inspect/quote for free and then you can decide to have the work done there or do the work yourself. This will at least give you an idea of what is going on under there. Good luck!

Add your comment to this topic!