Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Front end vibration issue with speed

Jimmmy
08-19-2008, 10:20 PM
I have a 2000 blazer (4X4) and i have just recently noticed that above 30 mph the front end starts to vibrate with speed. The faster i go, the more it vibrates. I did noticed that if i turn to the right while driving, the vibration goes away, but comes back as soon as i go straight again. It feels almost as if the 4 wheel drive is engaged, but I'm pretty sure its not.

I'm thinking its either the tires are not balanced or the front drive shaft u-joints?

Is the front drive shaft always engaged, or only when the 4x4 is on? I have the "trail blazer" edition so it has the auto 4x4 function if that matters.

Any suggestions guys?

Thanks

blazes9395
08-20-2008, 11:13 PM
Could be a few things. Could be a tire issue, a wheel bearing issue, alignment issue, if you tires are not pointing forward, or parallel to each other, they could cause vibration. It could be a front axle problem too, but I doubt it, its possible though. The auto 4x4 in your truck has a vacuum solonoid under the hood, at the back on the firewall, kind of in the center of the firewall. These solonoids fail and can cause front axle engagment issues, something worth looking at to make sure it works properly at least. If the solonoids sticks, it can casue the axle to be engaged all the time when it should not be (2wd button). The front driveshaft should not be engaged when in 2wd.

Does the vibration go away when the truck is in 4wd?, or does it show up in all ranges?

cmoney2
08-31-2008, 12:10 AM
loose lug nuts, and or outer tie rod ends

gatoratoy227
09-16-2008, 02:17 AM
worn ball joints are another issue that could be causing the vibration

Add your comment to this topic!