Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Instrument panel lights and radio lights

nessam
08-18-2008, 04:19 PM
I had to replace my window motor in my driver side window. I also replaced the switch to operate the windows. Since then the lights on the instrument panel will not come on. The warning lights do light up at starting. The radio also has intermittent problems with the light. The light on the gear shift is out as well. All of the gauges do work they just have no light. I can not find a fuse for the instrument panel.

I have checked the dimmer.

This is a 2002 Grand Am Se 1 V6

Do I need to be chasing the wires through the door from the window motor and switch?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

xeroinfinity
08-18-2008, 09:57 PM
Do the windows work properly ?

Thier are several fuses for those components.
Check the drivers side fuse "K" ICP something, pass side F box check "A" , and "G" , in the under hood fuse box check #3, #4 and I think thats it...
But if everything worked before the repairs then it has to be with in the area you were working.

Could just be a loose or bad connection on the switch you replaced the drivers side window switch are prone to corrosion on the copper prongs on the switch.

nessam
08-20-2008, 02:31 PM
The windows are working properly. We had to replace the motor twice because one was wired backwards. We have tried both the old and new switch and either way the windows work fine but still no lights on the instrument panel. I will check those fuses though and get back with you.

Thanks

xeroinfinity
08-20-2008, 02:46 PM
If those are all good, it could be the ignition switch, thiers a test procedure in the Tips and Maintenance (http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=2148)sub forum. :thumbsup:

Good Luck

Add your comment to this topic!