Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Help with cut off riding along

kcfromva
08-18-2008, 03:43 PM
Hey guys,
Would like to start off by saying this is my 1st post and what a great site this is. A whole bunch of info.
Now for the hard stuff.
I have a 1995 park avenue that is driving me nuts. The car will run great some times and other times will be driving along and the change oil soon light will flash on and within 30 seconds the car will cut off. Let sit 10-15 minutes and will start up. Was able to check it one time and had no fire. I have replaced the crank and cam sensors twice the ignition module and the pcm.
still same problem. :banghead: I checked the ground buss under door sill also . nice and clean there.
I dont know what else to do
Any ideas?????

HotZ28
08-18-2008, 05:35 PM
Intermittent problems like this, are very difficult to diagnose. Since you have replaced the ICM & CKPS several times, evidentially you have a wiring problem somewhere between the CKPS, ICM and the PCM. I assume that you have cleaned and tightened the battery cables. If so, double check the wiring & terminal connection @ the ICM. From there, check and clean the ground terminals mounted on the right front fender.

Also, be sure the grounds are clean & tight under the ICM. From there, check the wires routed under the alternator going to the PCM for fraying, or damage. You will need to remove the alternator to access the wiring harness. Pull all the wiring out of the shielding for inspection. Remember, all it takes is one bad wire in a circuit to cause a problem. When working on anything electrical, remember to always disconnect the negative (-) battery terminal first!! Another word of caution, if you have auto climate control, be sure to turn the system OFF with ignition switch ON, before disconnecting the battery!

Add your comment to this topic!