What's the better buy or car and why

dizzle1
08-17-2008, 01:39 AM
Im thinking of a 2008 Avalon Touring or the Impala SS or anything else thats good. These cars are almost brand new 08's but are used and the price is under 26k. Impala SS might be cheaper but whats the better car and what im looking for must have a sunroof/moonroof.

jdmccright
08-19-2008, 01:16 PM
This is like asking a complete stranger in a clothing store what I should get.... We can give many practical reasons for one over the other, but some want that "X" factor, it depends on what YOU want out of the car...Dependability? Value? Performance? Looks?

GM's come along way in dependability, but still not quite up to Toyota standards. Conversely, Toyota, with it's huge expansion, has actually dropped some in reliability, but not drastically...mostly with the lower-price models.

The Av has a V6, so gas mileage will be better (19 city, 28 highway) than the ImpSS with a V8 (16 city, 24 highway). But the V8 will give you more smiles per mile with higher HP and torque.

Loadout on options is completely up to you as both can be optioned to your taste. I believe the Av leans more toward luxury sporting versus the Imp. Sun/moonroof shouldn't be a problem with either one.

It ends up coming down to styling and your taste. Ddoes one look better than the other to you? Try them both out at the dealer...feel them out & see which one you like better...remember, you're gonna have it a long time so you'd better like your choice.

Good luck!

bcopeland
10-02-2008, 03:01 PM
My son has an 07 Impala and I have an 07 Avalon. The Avalon has it for the smooth ride and it is not too skimpy on power. This was my payback to GM for that awf-sucky 99 Malibu they sold me.

Add your comment to this topic!