Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

1992 CX Starts and quits after 2 minutes, anyone????

xs29l
08-14-2008, 09:02 PM
OK, I have 2 Civic CXs, one is a daily driver (93) and the other one (92) has a weird problem. The 92 starts and runs good for a couple of minutes and then quits. When you try to restart it, the fuel pump does not engage. So, the problem has to be with the fuel system or something in the wiring. It is NOT the main relay, distributor (or anything inside the distributor), compression, fuel pump, injectors, or ECU. I have either exchanged these parts with my 93 or bought new ones and still the same exact problem. Is there another relay that I'm missing???? Every time I think is "HAS TO BE THIS".... it isn't that. Hopefully someone will have an easy $2 fix... maybe not. ANY HELP would be GREATLY appreciated!!! Thanks in advance!!

xs29l
08-16-2008, 01:23 PM
It's not the ignition switch either, tried it last night. Has anyone ever had this happen to them? The car is unmodded except for an alarm and sound system. I think we are leaning towards electrical connections or maybe a ground?? Anyone?????

xs29l
08-25-2008, 10:39 PM
OK, we found the problem. There is a ground wire right under the intake with four wires together. It was corroded and a little loose, so we cleaned it good and put on a washer to help tighten it. This ground spot was causing the fuel pump to quit working and the ignition not to fire. Maybe this will help someone.

dizzle1
08-30-2008, 01:08 AM
Wow all that hell for a ground wire I didn't know it would be that critical I've changed a engine before but I didn't miss a thing I took the time organized every part and it started like it was new again

Add your comment to this topic!