My new used mazda 6 without remote?

jetracer06
08-14-2008, 04:59 PM
I just purchased a 2005 Mazda Mazda6 Sport Sedan from the dealership.
They did NOT give me a remote.. only two keys.

While trying to contact the dealership for atleast one remote, I went to ebay and bought a Mazda Remote key. (Remote and key together all in one, the key is a switch blade type thing). It said it support all 05-07 mazda 6/rx8/mx5.

I'm trying to program the remote to the car but it doesn't seem to be working.
I then heard I was suppose to go to the dealer ship to 'activate my remote' since I don't have atleast 2 working remotes.

So now... i guess I have to wait to get the one remote from my dealer to program the one i got off ebay?? Or do i have to take it to the dealer for them to program it?? ( since i don't have atleast 2). As always i'm really trying to stay away from there and not have my money conned from me...

I'm really truly sorry if all that was complicated for I am myself, very confused... i'm just frustrated cause nothing's working..

p.s. The key remote came with two different instructions on how to program. I tried to one where you leave the door open and switch key to on 3 times.. then close and open the door 3 times. the ECU responded everytime except when I go to press my remote twice, nothing happens... i'm lost.. thanx in advance if you actually read all this and have some information...

Sincerely Simon

jetracer06
08-14-2008, 05:05 PM
And also... the key remote from ebay is uncut.. do I have to get the key cut b4 i can program the remote?? i dunno, i've never programs remotes or dealt with this b4.. so thanx again

Add your comment to this topic!