Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Sir Johnny Herbert

Toppo
03-12-2003, 07:17 AM
Hi people its Toppo here - A big F1 fan but I love all things British in motoring.
I know Bentley performed well last year and was quite proud of them What I would like to find is some easy to understand facts and figures telling me what differences and improvements have been made to the car and the set up of the team in preparation for this years race.
Also Mark Blundell said in an interview that Sebring is only a warm up for Le Mans. I do respect Blundell but I would not have thought that to be a very sporting comment, or that it can have done what he has a responsibility to do as a participant, and that is to promote the sport in the best way possible. I could be overreacting here a bit, but I bet there are a whole lot of people who worked hard all year to bring us Sebring who will be none too pleased to hear of his comments.
Isn't it about time Johnny Herbert was given his due and recognized for the benefit that his country has gained from his name. :bandit:

dimmawidearch
03-12-2003, 07:40 AM
Blundells comment is quite fair, seeing as sebring is only 1/2 the distance of Le Mans.

As far as "easy to understand facts and figures" goes you will probably be dissapointed. Most teams who evolve their car usually reduce the drag, increase the power, improve the suspension in increments which they will be quite candid about. A degree in engineering is usually required when trying to get a grip on what the engineers talk about anyway.

My nomination for a knighthood would be Gerry Marshall, for obvoius reasons.

Toppo
03-12-2003, 08:06 AM
Hmmm
Wouldn't mister Clarke lay claim to half of it
Anyway My secretary has just informed me that Messrs Clarke and hunt were seen by all to be having a very public "scrap" something to do with the vauxhall so one would expect that to put paid to any idea of official reccy. Mind you she is a most unreliable sort at times
:confused:

Add your comment to this topic!