Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Stratus underbody neon question

shep88ner
08-13-2008, 06:45 PM
I recently purchased underbody neons for my 98 Stratus. I have all the mounting brackets screwed to the bottom of my car but I can't figure out how to run the wires through the firewall. I read you should look for exsisting grommets and use those, so I looked and found one just to the left of my break peddal.

The problem I have is that it's not just a wire that needs to pass through the firwall. I need to be able to pass a 1/4'' long plastic plug through it so that it can plug into the control box inside the car. It's clear that this piece is too big to pass through any ordinary hole.

Any suggestions???

shep88ner
08-13-2008, 08:28 PM
UPDATE:

I further read and many people suggested using the large grommet that is next to the brake booster on the driver-side to run wires through. I found this on my car, however I was wondering if I stick a coat hanger through that grommet where is it going to come out on the other side???

Cgroh89
08-14-2008, 02:01 PM
There are generally large ones in the trunk area for moistrue to escape through. For anything in the engine bay just look under the dash for where you think the harness is

stratusoutlaw
09-26-2008, 12:28 AM
Did you get it figured out?

If not, if you look at the front of the booster, it comes out on the lower left side of it. There is also a rubber ring in the firewall hole to help seal it. If you take it out you can fit quite a bit through there. Right now, I have a 4gauge, 8guage, and a few 16guage wires running through it along with whatever existing was there (can't remember if there were though).

Any pics?

Add your comment to this topic!