Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Ferrari F-2001 Seat Question

Sixtygp
08-11-2008, 11:51 PM
I am working on the Tamiya F-2001 kit- the instructions have a painting guide on the seat that shows a area that has some raised ribs that is supposed to be painted orange. On my reference pics, of the car, I can't see any orange- Am I missing something? Or maybe my pics don't show the complete seat. Maybe it is some kind of padding?? Anyone have a picture?

Thanks for your help.
Matt

sjelic
08-12-2008, 01:51 AM
I am working on the Tamiya F-2001 kit- the instructions have a painting guide on the seat that shows a area that has some raised ribs that is supposed to be painted orange. On my reference pics, of the car, I can't see any orange- Am I missing something? Or maybe my pics don't show the complete seat. Maybe it is some kind of padding?? Anyone have a picture?

Thanks for your help.
Matt

If I remember correctly those are safety belts (additional) used for fastening seat to monoque and it's easier removal in case of accident. For easier recognition they were in orange. But also I think the molded ones on Tamiya seat look bad.
Since the seat is tightly strapped you can't see those on all pictures but(even thou I am not sure) it could be that they are even not installed on some cars/races.

jaykay640
08-12-2008, 05:44 AM
Nope, SixtyGP is right. That is indeed a padding, not the safety straps. These were inflatable cushions that were a speciality of Schumacher. AFAIK Barrichello didn't use them. So depending on which photos you are looking at they are not there ( anymore..)

sjelic
08-12-2008, 06:33 AM
I found picture, so you will see everything here, it is 2003 car thou, so... find what you need :D

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y27/sjelic/Seat-1.jpg

Sixtygp
08-12-2008, 10:47 AM
Thanks for the info- I found a picture of Schumachers cockpit, and it does have the yellow bladders, but the area in question in the instructions must be for these bladders. One pic I have is with the seat removed, cause you can see the computer on the floor and the air bottle for the valve train. Tamiya has the two small straps at the front of the seat that are to be painted orange for the extraction harness. Thanks, Matt

Add your comment to this topic!