How soon will we see a more powerful Murci . . .

raven1822
03-12-2003, 12:50 AM
From QV500.com . . .

But as fast as their V12 model up to 150mph and around £25,000 less expensive, the Gallardo could be the Murcielago's biggest threat, not least as Luc Donckerwolke's bodywork so closely resembles its bigger brother. Indeed, after Audi's acquisition of Lamborghini in 1998, they initially contracted Ital Design to clothe the car although this bodywork was later discarded and the project handed to Donckerwolke, so enthusiastically had his Murcielago been received back in 2001. Subsequently refined in Audi's Ingolstadt wind tunnel, the Gallardo's aluminium bodywork is fabricated in Germany and then shipped to Italy where it's riveted, bolted and welded to the spaceframe. The front is clearly influenced by the Murcielago with its gaping radiator ducts and distinctive headlight treatment, Donckerwolke also incorporating some family details at the back. Indeed, no less than five meshed grilles can be found on the tail facia whilst banks of vents on the engine lid and rear wings, the prominent venturis and that gearbox casing can make it seem a little cluttered. A jutting chin spoiler and electronically adjustable rear wing improve high speed stability and minimise lift but, unlike the Murcielago, the Gallardo uses traditional doors, those famous scissor-type items so often a feature of Lamborghini supercars having been ditched. But although the Murcielago has the doors and the Gallardo gets unique nineteen-inch wheels, you get the impression that, so fundamentally similar are these two designs (and so close their performance) that the new model cannot fail to take sales away from its V12-engined brother.

I fear they are correct. If the Gallardo is as fast as the V12 to 150mph and is cheaper, the Murci is going to be even more of a hard sell. Of course there are those people (such as myself:D ) who would by the V12 regardless (I want the best and the doors), but there are many who would opt for the cheaper car that is just as fast.

It is time to give the two year old Murci a boost in the arm??

Vt Fusion
03-12-2003, 04:42 AM
Yes, Murcielago SV. Bring it now!!!

What they could do, but ptobably wont is make an SV, with rwd, this would make it lighter and a sportier car...less control and cornering speed, but the buyers it would be aimed at dont want this!

Some extra Air intakes just like the Diablo SV, a nice heafty 600BHP shouldnt be hard to achieve, AND! an alloy frame is highly needed!!! in fact stop all murcielago production, and make an update with the alloy chassis, it needs this to keep up in technology with the Gallardo, and also an optional E-Gear on the Murc as an option... All this will make a nice car... New features added, weight reduced, and a SV model with RWD and some nice sporty stylings. That is what will make me like the Murc alot more, atm i still favour the diablo.

Menu dei Motori
03-12-2003, 05:43 AM
i think the gallaro will loose about 1 or 1 1/2 seconds to 124mph! then the murci will "cruise" away ;)

Sean
03-12-2003, 08:31 PM
Originally posted by Vt Fusion
Yes, Murcielago SV. Bring it now!!!
and also an optional E-Gear on the Murc as an option... All this will make a nice car... New features added, weight reduced, and a SV model with RWD and some nice sporty stylings.

It would be quite a feat to add features and still reduce weight. But i suppose if its just RWD that will lighten the car up a fair bit.

Vt Fusion
03-13-2003, 12:14 AM
Well the only feature added would be E-gear as an option, and that shouldnt make it heavier, maybe it could even be slightly lighter.. but anyway it shouldnt change much, the other additions were ones that reduced weight.. RWD, and the alloy frame should be able to drop the weight by up to 10%. Of course i would only want RWD on an SV model, im not against AWD being on a regular model, just an option of a sportier model would be nice.

The_Duke
03-13-2003, 10:53 AM
What is the E-gear? Like the F1 flipper on the Vanquish or the Ferrari 550?

raven1822
03-13-2003, 02:39 PM
Originally posted by The_Duke
What is the E-gear? Like the F1 flipper on the Vanquish or the Ferrari 550?

Yes:)

cristoff
03-13-2003, 02:48 PM
i agree, Lamborghini should come out with an SV version, and please hopefully that prototype gets put into production

pennyho
03-13-2003, 03:11 PM
I thing they should think of a stronger murcie...fast before noone will talk about it and buy it any more then it will be like the murcie is already extinct!:(

raven1822
03-13-2003, 03:15 PM
I would be happy to see one that is necessarily the fastest supercar, but one that is of a "higher state of tune". Perhaps around 600-650bhp. I still like the AWD so I guess it would not be the lightest but it would still be competitive with the likes of the Enzo, Zonda, etc.

pennyho
03-13-2003, 03:25 PM
i think they should really keep the all wheel drive, because like alot of sport cars have only rear wheel drive so you can go in any kind of weather;) , thats the great part, and also they should add power so it should be like 600-750bhp, and last but not least mad a more "bad ass" look kind of like those desingns like the diablo but not exactly because then it will be pretty much the same:( !

Tony_Ensemble
03-14-2003, 02:19 AM
I asked the tech at the Lamborghini dealership if he thought they would release a fast Murc. He said he pretty sure they will in a year or more. He also mentioned that there is a good chance they wouldn' be turbo charging it.

spare_me_a_murci
03-14-2003, 02:39 AM
I don't think Lamborghini will ever turbo charge one of its models.. (at least I've never heard of one - unless modded).. it's not the Lambo way.. all the power comes directly from the engine! If they want more, they improve the engine so it delivers more! that's a pure sportscar way! besides, it's safer as turbos are a common maintenance problem!

if you check the GT and GTR Diablos, you'll notice that neither one is turbocharged! they have simply less weight, improved dynamics and an improved engine.

spare_me_a_murci
03-14-2003, 02:41 AM
OH !!! ... and I just can't wait too see the GT Murci and the GTR on the race track!!

Menu dei Motori
03-14-2003, 03:59 AM
believe me many different versions will come out!
like the diablo and countach

all 1-2 years a new modell with more hp or other improvements was developed.
so let´s wait and see.

maybe one day there is a rear weal drive murielago 7.0 SE GTR ;)

SuPeRcAr_MaN
03-14-2003, 04:16 PM
I was wondering how long it took for second versions of the Countach or Diablo to come out. Maybe then we can estamate how long it will be before we see the next Murci, and eventually Gallardo.

pennyho
03-14-2003, 04:23 PM
but i think the murcielago will come up with a better one alot faster than they did with the countach because back then they had boot-leg technology
:jumpie:
:spam::ylsuper

Sean
03-14-2003, 07:57 PM
Originally posted by Tony_Ensemble
I asked the tech at the Lamborghini dealership if he thought they would release a fast Murc.

Regular murci isn't fast enough anymore? ;)

Menu dei Motori
03-15-2003, 09:43 AM
well it is fast enough.... ;)
don´t think always faster better bigger... :p

Vt Fusion
03-15-2003, 06:01 PM
Well for the diablo, it wook 3 years to introduce the VT... not that that will happen with the murci :rolleyes: as it obvoiusly allready has AWD. However the SV wasnt introduced until '95, and updated for the '99 model... that means.. an SV 2006-7 :( dang.

Anyway, i expect from the SV around 600bhp, power isnt everything people... There is a reason these cars dont cost as much as the Enzo, zonda etc.. unless i was super rich i wouldnt care that the lambo's wernt quite as good as the super super cars, because they they come with a more achievable price. best performance for your $ of the super cars really.

I expect the Murci to exceed no more than 630-650 bhp... and that would be most likely in the last models. seeing the diablo over its life (through different road models) gained around 60bhp.. Gt versions may be a different story, but remember, the diablo gt/gtr models wernt released until 9 years after the diablo.....I wouldnt even to begine to compare to the countach, to long ago and so much has changed... and remember lambo is in a position it has never been, i would expect a SV around 2005 and hopefully a Gt not long after with the 'financial' position lambo are in at the moment.

raven1822
03-16-2003, 06:33 PM
Originally posted by Tony_Ensemble
I asked the tech at the Lamborghini dealership if he thought they would release a fast Murc. He said he pretty sure they will in a year or more. He also mentioned that there is a good chance they wouldn' be turbo charging it.

I hope to god they NEVER turbo charge a Lambo, at least not their top of the line model. It just would not be the same. We need a large displacement V12.

Just to be clear, Tony, did they say they would probably be turbo charging a future model???

Vt Fusion
03-16-2003, 08:50 PM
No he said they will most definatley not be... and i could have told you that without talking to some guy who works for lambo:rolleyes: hehe

Also another interesting thing to note, lambo found it very easy to get 100bhp/l with the gallardo, so if they manage to do this with the Murci.. thats 620BHP:) damn they just have to do that, and with an alloy frame and e-gear, that would be a nice murci probably capable of breaking all the official lambo records.

Tony_Ensemble
03-17-2003, 02:38 AM
He said the would not be turbo charging. He didn't speculate on the possible BHPs.

raven1822
03-17-2003, 05:58 AM
Originally posted by Vt Fusion
Also another interesting thing to note, lambo found it very easy to get 100bhp/l with the gallardo, so if they manage to do this with the Murci.. thats 620BHP:) damn they just have to do that, and with an alloy frame and e-gear, that would be a nice murci probably capable of breaking all the official lambo records.

They should be able to squeeze more from a 6.2L V12

He said the would not be turbo charging. He didn't speculate on the possible BHPs. :) :)

Vt Fusion
03-18-2003, 04:21 AM
Originally posted by raven1822
They should be able to squeeze more from a 6.2L V12

Yes ofcourse they could, they could squuze 1000bhp if they wanted to, but its not practical for many reasons.. The one i was reffering to was cost... up until now no regular road model lambo has had 100bhp/l The Gallardo however does, this means we know they can get 100bhp/l out of their engines without costing enough to put their profit down or the cars price way up. The next thing is performance, this car may not perform all that well with 700bhp, and ofcourse 700bhp would require some major tuning costing them alot more in production prices. OFcourse 700bhp may be going to far, the Mclaren f1 got 640 or so from a 6L engine, and maybe thats is one of the reasons the car costs so much? Theres always more to the story.

620 seems fine, with lighter weight from the alloy frame the car could probably get 0-60mph in 3.4 secs but most likely 3.5... and a top speed of well over 350kmp/h, but more likely 340... the more likely is basically what lambo would gear it down to, they just seem to do this stuff. But maybe like the Vt6.0 and other models they could offer an aulternate geared model... the regeared 575bhp Vt6.0 top speed was 357kmp/h!!! so..... new murc regeared top speed say 390kmp/h... lol:D

Sean
03-18-2003, 03:08 PM
Good point. Remeber though that their goal while making the murci was to create the perfect GT car, not the fastest or most exotic. Thats probably why they didn't squeeze as much power as they could out of the engine. But now that they have made the perfect GT car.... ;)

raven1822
03-18-2003, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by Sean Quinn
Good point. Remeber though that their goal while making the murci was to create the perfect GT car, not the fastest or most exotic. Thats probably why they didn't squeeze as much power as they could out of the engine. But now that they have made the perfect GT car.... ;)

I agree with you 100%. The Murci is a car that can do it all with nearly as much comfort as the 575M and near class leading speed and handling.

Of course there are cars that handle better (Lotus Elise), cars that are faster (Zonda), and cars that are more comfortable (CL55), but there are few that can do it all so well and look so good doing it.:D

pennyho
03-18-2003, 06:33 PM
oh well, i think the murcielago is perfect enough for me;) , but i would just like them to go reach 600bhp at least because there about 25hp away from reaching the next 100hp:D and make it look a little more vicious:twoguns:!

raven1822
03-18-2003, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by pennyho
oh well, i think the murcielago is perfect enough for me;) , but i would just like them to go reach 600bhp at least because there about 25hp away from reaching the next 100hp:D and make it look a little more vicious:twoguns:! :) :D :) :D

Doucette
03-18-2003, 06:53 PM
I want the best and the doorsThere is going to be a Lambo without the Lambo doors?

Also, every model Lamborghini has ever made (especially the Countach, because it lasted 15 years!) has seen countless improvements over the years. Also, the looks got better.

spare_me_a_murci
03-19-2003, 03:35 AM

I agree with you 100%. The Murci is a car that can do it all with nearly as much comfort as the 575M and near class leading speed and handling.

near ? just read this road test comparing the Murci, the 575M and the Aston Martin Vanquish:

http://content.miw.com.sg/LifeStyle/Gear/AutoGear/ls_gear_autogear_20030313.asp

spare_me_a_murci
03-19-2003, 03:39 AM
Originally posted in the article
Given a straight, flat piece of road, it matches the Murcielago. However, in every other department bar absolute cruising comfort, it yields to the awesome Lamborghini. It hasn't the traction - especially not in the wet (see panel left) - nor the chassis composure to trouble the Murcielago.
Same article The Ferrari is - and this is the really difficult pill to swallow - a markedly inferior driving experience.

raven1822
03-19-2003, 05:04 AM
Originally posted by spare_me_a_murci

near ? just read this road test comparing the Murci, the 575M and the Aston Martin Vanquish:

http://content.miw.com.sg/LifeStyle/Gear/AutoGear/ls_gear_autogear_20030313.asp

The use of the word "near" is relative. I say near class leading handling and speed because:

The Enzo is going to be faster and handle better.

The Carrea GT is faster and will handle as well if not better.

The Zonda is faster and handles near, if not better.

I was simply try to imply that the Murci is not the fastest or best handling but it is close. My comparisions to the 575M and Vanquish were for comfort purposes only not performance purposes.

spare_me_a_murci
03-19-2003, 07:16 AM
capiche :D
btw, have u enjoyed the article ?

raven1822
03-19-2003, 07:48 AM
Originally posted by spare_me_a_murci
capiche :D
btw, have u enjoyed the article ?

Yes, I did. It reminds me of and article in EVO a few months back. It was the three cars but also included the GT2.

Good article.

Add your comment to this topic!