Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Service Engine Soon light came on

SUPER KING
08-11-2008, 01:31 PM
I was driving on the freeway two days ago and all of a sudden the Service Engine Soon light came on for whatever reasons I don't know. It won't turn off anymore. I drive a 2000 Maxima.

Does anyone have the same problem? How serious is this? How did it came on and how do you get rid of it?

Thanks

Nahkapohjola
08-12-2008, 12:16 AM
...get rid of it?

Thanks

Theres an problem and error code to be read. Goto a shop and/or buy smtg like scangauge.com...

The problem may or may not be related :( ... this is where shop keepers get rich. Take care...

Reset: Batt cable out for 30min or more. If theres a real problem, will return until repaired.

SUPER KING
08-12-2008, 06:57 PM
Theres an problem and error code to be read. Goto a shop and/or buy smtg like scangauge.com...

The problem may or may not be related :( ... this is where shop keepers get rich. Take care...

Reset: Batt cable out for 30min or more. If theres a real problem, will return until repaired.

Thanks for the tip. I'll try that.

Hungrycat7
08-12-2008, 10:05 PM
Stop in at Autozone. . . they will usually read the code for free! At least you will know where you stand and you won't be out any money. If the car is running fine it is probably something small like a random misfire.

BP2K2Max
08-13-2008, 10:34 AM
a lot of times it comes on because your gas cap is loosed or threaded wrong and it gives you an evap system error code. take your gas cap off and put it back on.

Add your comment to this topic!