Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

check tire pressure alarm

auto trainy
08-10-2008, 06:39 PM
I have a 2001 LeSabre and had 1 tire get low on pressure and I added air but every time I start the car the fault shows up on the display and I have to reset it,do I need a scanner to reset the fault or should I just wait?

Rasp
08-10-2008, 08:24 PM
My tire pressure just went low yesterday and I had to do the reset as well.

1. Fill the tire to the correct pressure. (BTW you more than likely should fix the leak first. )

2. Start the car

3. press the Gage info button on your left hand side (trip, fuel info, gage info, etc. these buttons are on your left dash by the turn signal).

4. Keep pressing until you see the tire pressure reset.

5. Once you see the tire pressure display press the reset button (also on the left hand side.

I hope this makes sense.

If it doesn't this information is also in your "new car manual" and has pictures to help you through.

Rasp
08-10-2008, 08:25 PM
I forgot to mention make sure you hold down the reset button until it tells you that it has been reset.

auto trainy
08-11-2008, 07:17 PM
Thank's Rasp, it worked just as you said and cleared the alarm,one question : do all the accessary warnings reset in the same manner?

Rasp
08-11-2008, 09:52 PM
So far as I know the only warning that I've ever reset was the tire pressure.

When I do an oil change I don't reset anything it just automatically detects.

BTW - was your tire punctured with something? I found that in both cases that this alarm went off for me my tire was punctured. Therefore I really like this alarm. Great system. I was able to get it fixed before the tire became totally flat.

claimed4all
08-12-2008, 09:53 AM
I see you question has been answered but I will add to it on how it works.

The system detects low pressure by counting revolutions of the tires to one another. When one tire is rotation a certain percentage out of order with the rest it will show low pressure.

Add your comment to this topic!