Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Car starter problems

auroralover
08-10-2008, 05:41 PM
My aunt has a 2007 Saturn Relay, it is a really nice van. One of the remotes needed a battery, it was replaced, so now when you press lock and then the start button on the fob it fails to start, all it does is honk like someone has attempted to break in the car. I am assuming this is a programing issue.

Thanks

jd-autotech
08-10-2008, 05:44 PM
you may need to have the remote resync. is there another remote?
is the remote start factory or aftermarket?

auroralover
08-11-2008, 10:06 AM
you may need to have the remote resync. is there another remote?
is the remote start factory or aftermarket?

The van has Factory remote start and yes there is another fob.

Thanks for your help

jd-autotech
08-11-2008, 03:20 PM
if you gather both remotes and hold the lock and unlock buttons all at the same time either for 10 secs. or 3 times cant remember which or ask your local dealer it has been awhile since i messed with that kinda stuff

saturntech
03-11-2009, 02:02 PM
You can only reprogram these fobs with a scan tool. If your relay is the up level, you can Personalization some options for the vehicle through the DIC. In there is a setting to turn on and off the remote start, I would check to see if you or some 1 has turned it off.

This is how you access it:

Press the menu button until REMOTE START appears on the DIC display. Press the set/reset button to scroll through the following choices

OFF: The remote start feature will be disabled.
ON (default): The remote start feature will be enabled.

saturntech
03-11-2009, 02:06 PM
You can only reprogram these fobs with a scan tool. If your relay is the up level, you can Personalization some options for the vehicle through the DIC. In there is a setting to turn on and off the remote start, I would check to see if you or some 1 has turned it off.

This is how you access it:

Press the menu button until REMOTE START appears on the DIC display. Press the set/reset button to scroll through the following choices

OFF: The remote start feature will be disabled.
ON (default): The remote start feature will be enabled.
Sorry about the old post, wasn't paying attention:loser:

Add your comment to this topic!