hey guys need your help 93 convert wobbels

Bassigns
08-10-2008, 11:27 AM
seems it's gotten a lot worse

93 lebron convert

so far i've changed struts, shocks, and new sway bar bushings BUT the car wobbels like crazy so much so i don't want to drive it anymore

it does not pull and you can not feel it throught the steering wheel and i can't figure it out - does seem the drivers side frt tire does not spin too freely compaired to the passanger's side

thought it might be the caliper sticking but if that was the case the car would pull

any ideas

Thanks
steve

Bassigns
08-10-2008, 11:36 AM
as a side note i do think i need a cv joint - if they are bad will the car wobble?

thanks again

Polygon
08-11-2008, 11:43 AM
Yes, they can. You can check the CV by looking at the boot. If it's seal then it might be alright. If not then I would assume it's toast. You can also check it by moving it around and seeing if there is any play.

Joric LeBaron
08-14-2008, 12:20 PM
I'd check for an egg in the tyres.. swap the front with the rears and see what happens :2cents:

Cgroh89
08-14-2008, 01:36 PM
I had a wobble issue with my other halfs car turned out to be a snapped band in the tire, Does it do it at all speeds?

Bassigns
08-17-2008, 11:46 AM
I had a wobble issue with my other halfs car turned out to be a snapped band in the tire, Does it do it at all speeds?

Thanks and yup all speeds

Bassigns
08-17-2008, 01:40 PM
I'd check for an egg in the tyres.. swap the front with the rears and see what happens :2cents:

Thanks for the tip.. just swapped the tires and the wobble is still there - more pronouced when speeds are over 35.. tires look fine ie no eggs or no snapped belts

driving me crazy as the car looks good and runs good but i can't figure this one out

madmanmapper
08-21-2008, 11:08 PM
Are you sure your tie rod ends are good? And your steering rack?

Bassigns
08-22-2008, 05:37 AM
not too sure.. i dropped the car off at a local shop the other day and the guy mentioned the rim was dented and out of balance. funny thing is that when i rotated the tires i did not see any indication of that.. said he rotated the wheel and tossed it on the rear (even though i rotated the tires on sunday) and i have never seen an out of balance rim cause this type of wobble - it was very very bad..

car seems fixed even though you can still feel a slight wobble when taking a sweeping left turn. game plan is to find some cheap rims (steel wheels) and put new tires on the car

Thanks again everyone for your tips and suggestions.

madmanmapper
08-26-2008, 09:52 PM
Go to a junk yard and find some good tires on steel rims. Go to a tire shop and have them put new tires on those rims, then sell the junkyard tires.

Caleene
10-03-2008, 03:09 PM
Steve,
I had the same problem. I got new front axles, tires, shocks, and struts and still had that wobble. It happens when you accelerate and you can feel it in your seat. This may sound wierd but check your motor mounts. I had mine replaced and my car drives smooth now. I had a 66 Mustang that had the same problem that's how I knew to check them. Good luck.

Bassigns
10-03-2008, 03:12 PM
will do as it seems like it's getting worse (haven't driven the car in a few week)

Thanks for the advise

Add your comment to this topic!