Aftermarket radio problem.

NJH_Habitatpro
08-10-2008, 10:33 AM
95 camaro. Installed a pioneer head unit. Used a wire harness. All the speakers work when the car is on but when i actually start the car they go out except the right front speaker. Then they wont come back on next time i even just turn the car on. Inless i unhook the harness and plug it back in. Then it still does same thing. All speakers work in on position but when i actaully start car they all cut out except front right. Any help could not really find anything on the forum.

Only thing I see that might be problem is the fact in the fuse box the car runs off a 15 fuse while the head unit uses a 10. Should i switch the head unit to a 15 as well?

NJH_Habitatpro
08-10-2008, 11:16 AM
Well rule out the fuse I just put a 15 in the head unit didnt do a thing for me.

NJH_Habitatpro
08-10-2008, 11:28 AM
also think that the radio is draining my battery. Even with the key out and the door open still sounds like it has power to the front right speaker. Also if i pull the radio out (not mounted yet) the speaker pops. with key out and door open.

droptop94
08-10-2008, 09:31 PM
Put the 10 amp fuse back in the radio!! This is not the problem.
Check you’re wiring.
You should have a yellow, red, and black wire. These are you’re power wires.
There should be 2 blue wires. 1 is to turn on an amp and the other one is to raise a power antenna. Unless you have an amp or power antenna you will not use these wires. Make sure they are taped up.
Their should be 8 wires left, These are you’re speaker wires.
Hope this helps.

NJH_Habitatpro
08-12-2008, 09:01 PM
Yea everything is hooked up there is not two blues. There is two orange one dimmer and power ant. But my radio works just fine and i have the blue remote hooked up. All the speakers are hooked up. Like i said everythign works when the car is not started just in on position but once i start it the speakers cut out but not the right front. The sub cuts out. Then when i turn off car and restart still only the right front one works. The sub wont come back on till i undo the clips from the radio to the harness. Yea i put the ten back in after the 15 didnt work.

droptop94
08-12-2008, 11:08 PM
Do you're radio stations stay programed?
I would run my power wires to the fuse box.
If that does not work then I would wonder if the radio might be bad.

NJH_Habitatpro
08-15-2008, 12:30 PM
Yea my radio stations stay programed everything is hooked up right. I just dont understand why the stock sub keeps cutting out once the car is started but it wont cut out if the car is just on.

droptop94
08-15-2008, 09:01 PM
I just dont understand why the stock sub keeps cutting out once the car is started but it wont cut out if the car is just on. How is the sub hooked up to the radio? With rca cables or with speaker wire from the radio.
Are you useing the stock amp?

NJH_Habitatpro
08-20-2008, 01:50 PM
Its all stock except my head unit. I dont know about the whole sub thing but apparently there is a sub in the back (stock). When I turn the car to just on i can hear it and it kicks pretty good for being stock. Sounds nice. But when I turn the car on (start it) sub cuts out. Then wont come ever again till I disconnect the head unit and then it does the same thing all over again.

Yellow wire is hooked to yellow wire, red hooked to red, blue to blue, black to black, greens to greens purples to purples, whites to whites, greys to greys, Then there is the dimmer (orange) and dash light (orange) that come from the clip that are hooked to nothing but know they dont matter to much. All wires from head unit are used. There are no rca cables. everything is stock but the radio.

droptop94
08-21-2008, 10:34 PM
That is strange.:banghead:
If you have a factory sub then their should be a factory amp some where.
The amp is getting its signal or music from the head unit. Which means you are putting a high power signal in to the amp.:nono: That is not good can burn the amp or radio up.
If it were mine I would find the amp to the sub and disconnect it.
Then spend some money on a new amp. Or new amp and sub. Run RCA cables to the amp from the radio.
This should solve the problem and give even better sound.
Or if you have another radio you can try. Try it.

NJH_Habitatpro
08-22-2008, 07:19 AM
Oh i got some aftermarket subs and amp just dont think its going to fit in the car anywhere. Got 2 12 in sony 1200w subs bridged by a 1000w amp. But ill give that a try. Just its got me all confused cause it wants to work until i actually start the car. Then I still I have the problem that even after I turn car off and take the faceplate off the head unit you can still fuzz in the speakers car off and faceplate off. So my battery is getting drained.

droptop94
08-24-2008, 09:55 PM
If you're battery is being drained and you can hear fuzz in you're speakers even with the power off either the radio is bad or something is wrong in the wiring.
I would try runing the power wires for the radio to the fuse box.
one should be hot all the time for memory and one should only be hot when you turn the key.

ponchonutty
08-25-2008, 12:18 PM
It sounds as if you may have the factory BOSE stereo system and my guess is your aftermarket stereo is clipping too bad when the voltage goes from 12.x volts to 14.2volts. You may need to get the Bose adaptor harness.

NJH_Habitatpro
08-29-2008, 10:27 AM
Yea im pretty sure it does have the bose system. Ok well thanks ill give that a shot and see what happens. Do you think that will also fix the problem that im having with the radio staying on all the time and draining my battery?

ponchonutty
08-31-2008, 02:31 PM
yes

NJH_Habitatpro
08-31-2008, 08:20 PM
well picked up a harness at wal mart it was for a bose system. Still didnt fix any problem that i was having.

ponchonutty
08-31-2008, 09:30 PM
well picked up a harness at wal mart it was for a bose system. Still didnt fix any problem that i was having.
what part did you get? my local walmart doesn't have anything for Bose or Monsoon stereos. what stereo are you trying to install?

NJH_Habitatpro
09-01-2008, 01:12 PM
A pioneer. I got the wire harness it was like for a 92 to 96 camaro and next to the year it said bose.

ponchonutty
09-01-2008, 02:11 PM
Did it look something like this?http://www.crutchfield.com/App/Product/Item/Main.aspx?i=142C4GM02

You may have damaged the speaker outputs of the Pioneer stereo if you ran them directly into the Bose system. Pioneer stereos are nice but they don't like to be ran hard.

Add your comment to this topic!