Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

98 hx header

dbo8
08-08-2008, 08:34 PM
I have a 98 hx civic and it has the d16y5 with the cat directly underneath the manifold. Are there any headers that will work? all i find are for dx or ex. Not sure on what route to go for more power. Is my engine light going to stay on and is it going to cost more fuel No highway miles, all around a small mountainous town. The car has 178,250 miles on it and i have 18 inch wheels and cheap intake and just a different muffler to change the noise. Please advise on best route for more power for cheap. I have heard great things about the header but cant find one. thanks

johnb16a2
08-10-2008, 09:28 AM
There are headers that will work but I'd imagine all involve modificaions to the whole exhaust system (including relocating the cat). Also if you don't relocate the oxygen sensors properly your check engine light will probably come on and your mileage will be seriously depressed. IMO it's not worth it. If you want more power the easiest thing to do is add NOS. Keep us posted. GL

R32GTRLegend
08-13-2008, 02:54 PM
more power nots gonna b cheap for that car, yet along have many parts for it, bolt on mod for this car wont kick you up in power to much, and custom fabing parts wont either.....turboing the motor will most likely end up with melted pistons or blowing the motor up.....youd b better off wit an engine swap, either a better d series, d16y8=civic ex motor, pretty good for turbo and lots of bolt ons, or a b series motor, which are chock-full of aftermarket support and make power wayyyy better than most d series motors, i think those are your 2 best bets....

Add your comment to this topic!