Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

blinkers

D.Semple
08-08-2008, 02:53 PM
I am having problems with my blinkers and hazard lights...changed the multifunction part and this did not fix the problem...90% of the time they do not work....wondering if it is the hazard warning part that has to be replaced...if any one can help...please post...very frustating..:runaround: Thanks

corem
08-08-2008, 03:09 PM
Need to know what year? If its 99-01 there were some that the Hazard switch mounted in dash had problems with the same issue. Some of these just pop out and some had one seven mm Screw holding them in. Good luck!

D.Semple
08-08-2008, 05:59 PM
Need to know what year? If its 99-01 there were some that the Hazard switch mounted in dash had problems with the same issue. Some of these just pop out and some had one seven mm Screw holding them in. Good luck!

The year of the car is a 2001, we took a look and I believe the hazard switch is in the dash behind the stereo, if I am not mistaken...Thanks

corem
08-09-2008, 03:23 PM
Just let me know the out comeif you could.

D.Semple
08-10-2008, 10:16 AM

I have to wait until tomorrow to order the hazard switch, will be here in a couple of days...hoping this is my problem..will let you know as soon as it is installed...Thanks for the interest....I know I am not the only one with this problem..

xeroinfinity
08-10-2008, 10:34 AM
Welcome to AF D.Semple !

Thier are many 99-01 GA owners with this problem.
Often it is the contacts on the MFS, but you've replaced that, so it has to be the hazzard relay/switch.

nessam
08-18-2008, 04:12 PM
I have had to replace the entire blinker unit in my 2002 Grand Am. My blinker would run constantly. The dealear told me at the time that these were an issue with these cars. The component cost about $100 and requires the steering wheel to be pulled apart. Be careful not to break the lever that adjusts the wheel when reassembling.

D.Semple
08-22-2008, 11:47 AM

Sorry for being late in responding, yes I changed the hazard switch and my blinkers are now up and running again...hopefully they will continue to work..Thanks

zabut
10-04-2008, 11:15 AM
I have had to replace the entire blinker unit in my 2002 Grand Am. My blinker would run constantly. The dealear told me at the time that these were an issue with these cars. The component cost about $100 and requires the steering wheel to be pulled apart. Be careful not to break the lever that adjusts the wheel when reassembling.

Working like a charm after 5 years....
http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=21403

xeroinfinity
10-04-2008, 11:33 AM
Sometimes a good cleaning of the MFS switchs contacts and regreased helps without replacing the switch, but the stealership isnt going to tell you that. :grinno:

Add your comment to this topic!