Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Please help me take off my wheels

l34merik
08-07-2008, 05:46 AM
Ok so I brought a used car about two months ago from a dealer who got a trade-in. Now my brakes are running out and when I try to find the "key" to take the lugnuts off my wheels, I realize that the stock Honda ones are there but not for these lugnuts.

I've been driving around all of colorado stopping at discount tires, autozone, various tireshops, various rims shops, and even performance tires and none of them have the "key" for those lugnuts. This is my last hope, you guys, the car experts on the internet. Please please help me find a place to get the "keys" for these lugnuts. My brakes are running out and I have to drive like 50 miles a day to school everyday soon.

Sorry if I posted in the wrong forum, but I'm new and this seems the most logical place to post to me. Below is a picture of the lugnuts. It has eight notches, while others usually only have like six or seven

http://www.fileden.com/files/2007/4/12/978613/lugnut%20rims.jpg

boarder_punk
08-22-2008, 09:27 PM
Bolt extractors work great for lug nuts. Find one that fits over the nut fairly tightly, then tap on it lightly with a hammer to make sure its tight. Then remove nut as normal. Just remember that if you try this method you will need new lug nuts; and make sure the new ones have the same threads, diameters and taper.

wafrederick
08-22-2008, 09:36 PM
The extractor does not work.Only thing I have that has worked so far is an air chisel.Just be careful not to ruin the rim when doing this.

bobss396
09-10-2008, 12:19 PM
They blocked the image here at work, but if you can get something over it, try a 6-sided impact socket. Hammer it over the lock and use a breaker bar. You have to drive the locks out of the socket with a hammer and punch, but I've done this lots of times for customers who lost their keys.

Bob

rhandwor
07-29-2010, 07:50 PM
Search Grey Pneumatic 2300k Use google These work with an impact.
http://www.tooltopia.com/ Call this company good prices fast shipping.
SUN3840 and LT4240

Add your comment to this topic!