Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

I need a wiring diagram for overhead dvd/monitor

ffubar
08-05-2008, 09:43 PM
Hi guys, i have been given the task of installing an OEM overhead monitor from an 06 uplander to an 08! First off let me tell you that i'm qualified to do the job, i'm a car audio/security installer, but enough about me! The reason why i'm asking is because, according to GM, because the overhead monitor was an option, it might not have the oem harness in the headliner, so before i creat more work for myself, i need to know if the harness is there 100% or if someone can supply my with a pin diagram for the harness on the overhead? I can tell you that it's a 16 pin harness, as for what model of uplander it came out off, i coudn't tell you, and it's compatible with headphones. Thanks in advance, hope to get a reply soon.

sft1st
10-05-2008, 10:39 AM
Hi guys, i have been given the task of installing an OEM overhead monitor from an 06 uplander to an 08! First off let me tell you that i'm qualified to do the job, i'm a car audio/security installer, but enough about me! The reason why i'm asking is because, according to GM, because the overhead monitor was an option, it might not have the oem harness in the headliner, so before i creat more work for myself, i need to know if the harness is there 100% or if someone can supply my with a pin diagram for the harness on the overhead? I can tell you that it's a 16 pin harness, as for what model of uplander it came out off, i coudn't tell you, and it's compatible with headphones. Thanks in advance, hope to get a reply soon.

Did you figure this out? I have a 2007 Van and the player is from another 2007 van. I want tp put this in my van and want to know the same things that you asked. Any help would be great!

ffubar
10-05-2008, 08:29 PM
i did find out that it will not work without it being connected with the factory harness that comes in the van! Although, not all Uplanderrs have it installed and that the only way to know if yours has it is to take down a section of the headliner and located the harness, if it is there then it should just be a matter of plug'n'play, i have yet to look into my ordeal!

sft1st
10-06-2008, 09:43 AM
I talked to some folks at MASS Electronics 1-877-410-MASS they do all the work for GM in Canada or at least in Ontario. They tell me to find the harness remove the rear reading lamps assembly and you will see the connectors in the ceiling. (behind the driver first row of seats) If the pins are there then all you need is a jump connector to hook the unit up. My van is a 2007 Chev Uplander with a 'rail system'. (Info is based on this). Now all I need to fingure out is how to remove the cover over the reading lights without breaking it. If the hook up is not there then I can't use a factory DVD as it becomes more than a wiring issue, the computer brains of the vehicle are not set up for this to operate, apparently a $9000 issue. So next time buy a van with the option factory installed?. However MASS does sell a aftermarket, GM compliant system with a three year warrantee for $1200 installed.

Add your comment to this topic!