Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

96 Protege' 1.5L 5 speed

johntoddmoore
08-03-2008, 08:52 PM
I am installing the "HalfGasHalfWater" Hydrogen Generator. I have it built and have tested it and it works quite well. I would like to know if anyone has the information on installing the vaccuum lines. I understand one requires a vaccuum source and the other mounts to the intake tube to the throttle body but, I havent figured out two things yet. 1- Where is there enough room to mount it? I think just in fromt of the distributer on the rear of the core support, please verify. 2- How do I install the line on the intake tube to the throttle body. Thanks John

Flash75
08-05-2008, 04:22 AM
I'm curious about how you determined this device works very well? You probably will not find anyone here that can help you with installation, it's something you will have to figure out.

Clifton

johntoddmoore
08-20-2008, 07:57 PM
Clifton:

In answer to your question, "How do you know this device works well?" I have been tweeking my Protege' for almost a year now and the best average mileage I have gotten is 40.7MPG. I had installed this and the first tank of gas I got 53.37MPG.

I now have removed it to make some modifications. The main thing I want to address is the higher idle speed. With the addition of the HHO to the fuel the computer picks up a lean signal from the HEGO and attempts to compinsate buy raising the idle speed and enrichening the mixture. There is a EFIE module on the market that I am goinng to try to control that.

I'll let you know if it works.

John

rexbest
10-07-2008, 10:28 PM
I am about to build my first generator and one thing my plans show is you have to "fool" your o2 sensor. The suggestion was wrapping the sensor with aluminum foil or purchase an extension to move your sensor further from the source. From what I understand, this is the cheap route to buying a MAP/MAF controller.

On a side note, where did you route your supply line from the generator? I am going to mount it in a 2000 Isuzu Rodeo and am stumped as to where to tap in.

Add your comment to this topic!