Our Community is 705,000 Strong. Join Us.

new 2001 headlights?

vortecman
08-03-2008, 07:38 PM
hey guys, my 2001 z28's headlights are clouded and give little light at night. so i have been looking for new ones. there are some from summit at $250 per side! that is outrageous! and a pair off ebay from projector are about $130-$170. so are the replacements better than the original? (will they cloud as easily?) are the ones from summit of better quality? i do like the look of the projectors. and how hard are they to install? thanks

blindeyed
08-04-2008, 01:46 AM
I would just buy one of the headlight polishing kits from Auto Zone. A little sanding and polishing and they'll look good as new.

masphx
11-18-2008, 08:43 PM
I'm also in the same boat. My headlights on my 2000 camaro are heavly fogged. I tried the wet sand thing a year ago and it didnot work for me. I'm now looking for new headlights also but they are hard to find. I would like to do a mod to them so new headlights are a must as alot of work will go into them. Any help anyone?

Thanks,

Mason

samabhi123
06-04-2009, 05:38 PM
hey guys, my 2001 z28's headlights are clouded and give little light at night. so i have been looking for new ones. there are some from summit at $250 per side! that is outrageous! and a pair off ebay from projector are about $130-$170. so are the replacements better than the original? (will they cloud as easily?) are the ones from summit of better quality? i do like the look of the projectors. and how hard are they to install? thanks

You can go for aftermarket parts. It will be inexpensive also. If you will buy from some online dealer then it will more beneficial for you.

Add your comment to this topic!