Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Trying To Flush Fuel Injectors

tallman777
08-02-2008, 04:37 PM
I am trying to flush the fuel injectors thru the schrade valve on a 94 Ford (http://www.fordforums.com/f538/i-need-help-cleaning-fuel-injectors-159919/#) 4.9 engine, and have plugged the return line, it seems that the cleaner is backing up and returning to the fuel tank ,I do have the fuel pump disconnected ! I have not been able to locate a plug or adapter to cap the fued line off .any advice will be greatly appreciated . Thanks

rhandwor
08-05-2008, 06:11 PM
Pull the fuel pump fuse or relay. On the back of the engine find the return line pinch off the rubber hose. I imagine your using a canister that you put air pressure in to install the injector cleaner. You can also pinch the hose for the pressure side. Pull the vacuum hose for the pressure regulator if leaking gas replace.

tallman777
08-10-2008, 04:45 PM
Pull the fuel pump fuse or relay. On the back of the engine find the return line pinch off the rubber hose. I imagine your using a canister that you put air pressure in to install the injector cleaner. You can also pinch the hose for the pressure side. Pull the vacuum hose for the pressure regulator if leaking gas replace.

the line coming from the fuel tank at the engine is wrapped in stainless steel and it is stiff is it safe to clamp this line? Thanks

rhandwor
08-10-2008, 07:21 PM
If I'm remembering correctly their are rubber lines at the fuel filter I would pinch one of these off.

Add your comment to this topic!