Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Spray Gun

betodel
08-02-2008, 01:46 AM
:confused:
So i was wondering if the gun i already have would suit my needs to paint my car. Up until now the only thing that has held me back from starting the proccess is having a spray gun. My friend is willing to let me borrow a spray gun but im not sure if it is able to paint a car. This is the gun he has.
http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?action=productDetail&productId=62486-55963-KC-599CS&detail=cr&lpage=none

Please let me know if it is worth putting paint in the gun and letting it spray my car! :biggrin:

Mark Lapes
08-02-2008, 08:50 AM
You can use it as a promer but as far as laying color you need what is called a gravity feed gun which means the cup is on top and gravity feeds the paint which mixed with air thur the gun.

Mark Lapes
08-02-2008, 08:56 AM
You can use it as a promer but as far as laying color you need what is called a gravity feed gun which means the cup is on top and gravity feeds the paint which mixed with air thur the gun.

betodel
08-02-2008, 11:26 AM

ok thanks i guess ill be driving around in primer for a few days then

Kastaway
08-05-2008, 02:52 PM
The end result will be refected by the type of gun you use techncally you can use any gun you like.I use Sata jet's RP but i paint all the time and their about 500.00 each. Not really worth it to someone only painting there own car once.Binks sells some inexspensive guns and so does Sharpe.Atomization is whats important in a spray gun, the better the BETTER.

Add your comment to this topic!