Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

95 Olds BROKEN MOTOR MOUNT MAYBE????

dustyrusty
08-01-2008, 04:27 PM
I have a 1995 Olds Aurora....4.0 L V8....45,000 original miles....

When shifting from park into reverse (engine at idle) it goes into gear with a very hard and violent and loud CLUNK that shakes the car.....

when shifting into drive from park OR from reverse to drive, the same thing occurs but not quite as violently.

I suspect that I have a broken engine or tranny mount and that the engine is rocking hard momentarily due to torque thrust hence the violent transition.

There are no apparent problems once in gear and when driving the car....all feels normal, that is why I suspect a mount issue.

Can anyone out there shed some light on this problem for me??

and does the engine have a strut mount that prevents it from rocking on the lower mounts fore and aft....because if it does maybe that is the issue? (a broken strut?)

looking forward to any feedback on this....

Thanks a lot!

Isnibs
08-14-2008, 11:24 AM
I have a 1995 Olds Aurora....4.0 L V8....45,000 original miles....

When shifting from park into reverse (engine at idle) it goes into gear with a very hard and violent and loud CLUNK that shakes the car.....

when shifting into drive from park OR from reverse to drive, the same thing occurs but not quite as violently.

I suspect that I have a broken engine or tranny mount and that the engine is rocking hard momentarily due to torque thrust hence the violent transition.

There are no apparent problems once in gear and when driving the car....all feels normal, that is why I suspect a mount issue.

Can anyone out there shed some light on this problem for me??

and does the engine have a strut mount that prevents it from rocking on the lower mounts fore and aft....because if it does maybe that is the issue? (a broken strut?)

looking forward to any feedback on this....

Thanks a lot!

Had a similar problem on mine.
Come to a ful stop and clunk.
Mine turned out to be a lower ball joint, very difficult to see, the rubber was still in place but had come loose.

Add your comment to this topic!