Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

One last check before I sell it.

cinealta_draiodoir
07-31-2008, 05:05 AM
I've got a 1990 Olds Delta 88 Royal Brogham. Lots of new parts; trans coolant lines, brake lines, brake pads, front calipers, tires, radiator, alternator, $500 in audio equipment was put in less than a week before she broke down... oh, and no major rust which is a big deal here in WV.

The trans went out on me a few months ago, no warning, just lost all power to the wheels, the engine still runs like normal, but it's not getting to the wheels. I thought a trans would miss for awhile before it went out? I had the fluid changed after it quit and there were no metal shavings in the fluid, and it was still red. The shop I took it to said the fluid looked brand new. GM wants $1800 to fix it, and the other local places didn't pan out.

I guess I'm asking if there's a loose cable or some other easy fix the shop won't talk about, and if not, what is a decent starting price for the car? I"ve heard that the Brogham is fairly rare, and I haven't seen another quite like it. The car is in really good shape for how old it is, and I hate to see it go to a scrap yard.

Add your comment to this topic!