Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

funny sound comming out of engine compartment

ironman2712
07-30-2008, 01:35 PM
hi everyone, got problem on my chero 89 4.0, basicly it is about that funny sound comming out of engine compartment, it hapens only when i get uphill and stop my car and when starting the engine ( cold and warm), and idling, so i assume it is caused by engine vibrations, when rpm go up it is gone, i have no such sound driving on roads or any other time, sounds like some part was hitting against sth heavy like chasis,,,my mate told me rubber rings need replacing in 3 brackets holding the engine into chasis,anyone can help me? thx

gtmud
07-30-2008, 09:49 PM
Could be exhaust system hitting the floor board, check your clearance at the T-case brace, is the exhaust laying on it, if so this could cause your sound, caused by either a bad tranny mount and/ or engine mounts.

ironman2712
08-01-2008, 02:28 PM
yes, that was it, damn exhaust and t brace,the clerance is sth like 2-3 millimeters, so i'll lift the hinge holding that exhaust pipe, anyway i have to think about replacing engine mounting, it is 20 years old, i am supprised it's still holding, thanks mate for your time,

Add your comment to this topic!