Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

G6 Hard Top Convertible...HELP!!!

NurseProf
07-30-2008, 12:25 AM
I hope someone can give some feedback, or at the very least feel my pain. Purchased a 2007 G6 HTC in December 2007 in Thibodaux, LA as "new" with a few thousand miles on it. Loved it, thought it was great. At 7,500 miles the engine started "ticking". Had to drop the engine, split it in two, and replace a cracked flywheel and torque converter. The same thing happened at 12,000 miles. Now they want to put in a whole new transmission. I have now found out that it was the owner of the dealership that drove the car for the first few thousand miles, and they had to replace the same parts at 2,700 miles.
Basically, she drove it, the car had severe problems, they "fixed" it, and put it back on the lot as "new, dealer driven." This is one of the most devious and un-christian things I have ever witnessed. I asked multiple times prior to buying about any work ever being done and was lied to, told "nothing but the oil changed." This is now the 3rd time for the same problem!
They lied and the car had severe problems, and was sold as "new." Any advice? What can I do? I am sick over this and feel totally violated after shopping locally in Thibodaux. Anyone ever have a positive experience with the lemon law and dealer buyback??
Thanks for any advice!

doctorhrdware
07-30-2008, 11:26 PM
With the lemon law, the only problem the repair write up has to be written up exactly the same way each time in order to get a new car out of GM. You may want to contact an attorney to see if there is any legal recourse that can be filed against the dealer. IMHO, the dealer comited fraud when the car was sold to you.

Add your comment to this topic!