wanted tail lights 1976 caprice classic

soccaplay
07-29-2008, 02:43 PM
wanted tail lights 1976 caprice classic for both side with chrome trim

'97ventureowner
07-29-2008, 03:16 PM
Did you check out www.car-part.com ? They have a bunch listed on that site. You just enter your vehicle info and it shows salvage yards across the country that have the parts in their inventory. This would be a good "back up" or Plan B if none of the members here have any for sale.
Another good source is Hemmings Motor News, a monthly publication that has both private sale and commercial ads for cars and car parts.

soccaplay
07-29-2008, 04:42 PM
Thank you i will try them

silicon212
07-30-2008, 12:56 PM
Thank you i will try them

There is one of those cars at Ecology Auto Wrecking in Phoenix, and it had those tail lights and aluminum trim (that's what it is, not chrome) on it in good shape. Yours for probably $30 total, but you have to come out to Phoenix and pull them. The car is a 1975, but the tail lights are the same as the 1976.

soccaplay
08-01-2008, 10:36 AM
The car-part.com com was helpful but couldn't get a picture of them. There is no way i can get out the to pull them off. I would like to see a picture of them before we buy them for our show car.

'97ventureowner
08-01-2008, 10:41 AM
The car-part.com com was helpful but couldn't get a picture of them. There is no way i can get out the to pull them off. I would like to see a picture of them before we buy them for our show car.
In that case you might want to check Hemmings Motor news, and see if there are any listings for these. If so, you could then contact the seller and see if they could take a picture of them for you and send it to you to see to help you make your decision as to whether or not you want to buy those specific ones. Computers and the Internet have made it much more easier to network and find what you need, and to be able to view it before you buy it. I wish these options were available 20 years ago when I was heavily into working on a bunch of older vehicles and needed to find certain parts. It's so much easier to do so in today's world :grinyes:.

Add your comment to this topic!