Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

2002 Lesabre AC blower problem

Mofraqi
07-24-2008, 05:55 PM
Ok i have some type of blower problem with my lesabre, the problem is it just up and quit blowing one day.

The Automatic climate control shows the ramping up of the blower but nothing comes out of the vents AC or Heat. I can hear the AC clutch kicking on.

I think i have the problem narrowed down to 2 possible things

1. Blower is bad ACDELCO Part # 1580511
2. Blower motor module/resistor (Not fuse box type) ACDELCO Part # 158745

I believe these parts to be under the dash on passenger side not sure though.

Is there anyway to test the blower without removing it and or resistor?
or has anyone had this problem?

maxwedge
07-24-2008, 06:51 PM
See if you have 12v to the blower when not operating, basic test. If none the resistor/ relay is bad.

fryeinwi
07-25-2009, 07:19 PM
I have the exact same trouble with the blower on my 2002 Lesabre. If you give the middle of the dash down by the passangers footwell a health whack (right over the blower) the blower will engage. I don't normal perscribe to percussive maintenance but when it is 90 degrees out... I am also seeking a solution. I attempted to pull the blower to give it a closer look but ran into trouble removing the bolt closest to the engine compartment. There was no room to remove it easily and I didn't have the time to rip apart the dash. I Haven't been able to find my haynes book to look into it further.

I am also having a probelm with the seedometer. When ever it is damp my speedometer will bounce all over when I first start driving. This occurs mostly in the morning, but it will happen if it has rained recently. I drive 40 miles to work one way and it usually settles down after 5 miles or so on the interstate. Unfortunately the cruise will not work until I stop the car and restart. Does any one have any ideas for either of these problems? I love my limited, but these problems are staring to really worry me. Electrical gremlins are a pain in the butt. I have 110,000 miles on my lesabre. I just had the transmission flushed and the filtered changed. I mentioned the Speedometer problem to my transmission guy and he said he didn't see anything unusual.

Add your comment to this topic!