Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

no sound out or rear speaker

chrissbee77
07-23-2008, 03:03 PM
I have a 2001 grand prix gt. the after market 6x9s (kenwood kfc-8102e) the rear driver side wont work. no sound when i take it out and let it sit on the seat it works but as soon as i install it nothing happens. If i hook the speaker up to the other side it works fine. WTF? these are the second set of speakers with the same problem and this set is BRAND NEW. any help or ideas would be great. thanks :crying:

Hungrycat7
07-23-2008, 04:12 PM
Doesn't really sound like a speaker problem. Sounds like a wiring issue May have something not connected right or you may have a frayed or broken speaker wire somewhere

PaulD
07-23-2008, 05:11 PM
yep, sounds like a wiring problem ....... look at the speaker wire where it goes thru the metal (like from the back seat to the trunk), my guess is it's pinched somwhere.

chrissbee77
07-23-2008, 06:08 PM
thanks for the info. until i pinpoint the problem will it hurt to run both rear speakers off of the right side. You know wiring both rears to the passanger wires and still run a amp but have the radio controls were they are balanced in the center and fadded in the center ?

PaulD
07-26-2008, 09:52 AM
it will put twice the load on the amp channel that's working .... might blow it too

Add your comment to this topic!