Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

d16y5 swap for b series

dbo8
07-19-2008, 04:29 PM
need help on engine choice. I have a 98 hx 5 speed wanting more power and the best option on money wise. Need more power. Direct bolt in use of tranny, and the least rewiring Please respond!!!:grinno:

TEGasaurus
08-08-2008, 10:09 AM
You may want to consider keeping the mill you've got in there and going turbo. A cheap turbo kit can really wake up those d series engines and it would probably be cheaper and easier in the long run anyway. If you are opportunistic on what parts you buy as you do the build you can end up with the power numbers and gobs more torque than if you went with a b series and spent the same amount of cash - but (theres always a but) if you had twice the cash and went with a turbo b-series there would be no comparing the two. I am a cheap skate myself - consider going turbo on the d!

R32GTRLegend
08-13-2008, 02:45 AM
well, best choice besides turbo, go with a b16a swap outa a jdm sir civic from japan, but make sure its obdII (96-00 civics have it), if u can, u could get the b16a2 outa 00 si civic, but has 10 less hp compared 2 the jdm sir2...if you have the 2000 civic si ecu wiring harness, it should work for the jdm b16a, and drop right into the engine bay, make sure you have the b series 96-00 motor and tranny mount cuz the d series wont fit, hope it helps.....

Add your comment to this topic!