Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Engine Swap

sau4u
07-19-2008, 09:19 AM
I have a 1994 mustang w/ a 3.8l engine and standard trans. I want to put a 5.0l motor in it and maybe an auto trans. Is it possible or would there be alot to change around and if possible anyone know where to find good quality engines (nothing real fancy) on the net. Thanks.

mustangman02232
08-10-2008, 04:18 PM
its alot of work and alot of money

my first choice would be to find a supercoupe motor or a 4.2 out of an f150, they will give you the same if not more power then the 5.0

HiFlow5 0
09-25-2008, 04:09 PM
A car of that year is cheaper to sell it and buy one already with a 5.0 in it. You would more then liely shell out more to perform the swap then the car is actually worth, unless you pick up a doner car really cheap.

mstng46
10-22-2008, 09:37 AM
A car of that year is cheaper to sell it and buy one already with a 5.0 in it. You would more then liely shell out more to perform the swap then the car is actually worth, unless you pick up a doner car really cheap.

the money that's saved in insurance is worth the swap...it's a pretty easy swap...and why would you want to got back to an aod? are you mad? stick with your t-5 and just find an applicable ecm and harness and toss in your 5.0L....it's not cheap the guy above is right but it'll save a lot in insurance....let me know if you need help with details...good luck

Add your comment to this topic!