Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Hesitation Troubles?

buzz_42
07-17-2008, 11:17 PM
I have a 1993 Civic DX D15B7

Lately when I am driving down the highway I'll get a 'buck' or a hesitation. Yesterday I was driving home from work and I got about a block away and I lost all power, it just bogged down and stopped. It turned over but had nothing. I ran back to the shop I work at and got a tow. When we got there to tow it I tried it and it started... for a few seconds then stopped. We left it at the shop overnight. This morning it started fine and they for a while and it ran fine. It may be fuel pump but I replaced the filter this aft and it has been running fine. I was driving it tonight and it stumbled or hesitated once...but it has been fine. I have to drive about two hours tomorrow and I need to be able to trust it.

I phoned Honda, and the guy I spoke to said that there is a main relay down by the drivers side kick panel beside the fuse block and he told me to take it out and take the cover off and check the solder joints. He said it is common that those joints crack when it gets hot and then the connection is lost. Once it cools off it should start. He said that the relay controls spark and fuel.

Any ideas?
Any common problems?
I had also recently just replaced the ignition control module.

I am new to this Honda game.

Thanks for the help!

-Lance :confused:

Add your comment to this topic!