Our Community is 705,000 Strong. Join Us.

Is the Spark Plug the suspect?

aburningenergy
07-17-2008, 06:58 PM
In the morning when I go to start my vehicle, it takes several tries to get it to start. The clutch is what really starts the car. However, I am very concerned that I may burn out my clutch by doing so. I have cleaned the battery posts and still the problem persist. I have been told that it could be the fuel filter but you can smell the fuel when it starts because, I will depress the gas petal before every try. My reasoning regarding the fuel filter is if it were the problem, wouldn't it still be a problem while I'm driving? Once my car is started it keeps running. When I stop and then go, my car will hesitate for a few seconds and then pick up speed. I, however, am leaning towards a spark plug being part of the problem.

When I did a tune up last year, there was a spark plug that wasn't changed out. Why? Well the spark plug hole is stripped and I was afraid to remove it because, I didn't think I would get a new spark plug in there. Could this be a possible cause to my problem?

Thanks........

Ones&zeros
07-20-2008, 05:58 AM
i had a bad fuel injector connection, and my car hesitated badly, more like stumbled. When i fixed the problem, it idled fine. one spark plug not going off would say your runnin on 3 cylinders.

somick
07-21-2008, 11:10 AM
What is your mileage?

What is the maintenanec history: spark plugs, wires, distributor cap?

Sam

Add your comment to this topic!