Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Touching Back With The Heart Of Street Racing

DottedPanda
07-14-2008, 06:16 PM
Hi guys I know i haven't posted in a while and while i have browsed the site frequently for the past two months my fingers never touched the keyboard for any responses; for that i apologize. I am writing to touch on a particularily controversial topic that recently has perturbed me to the point of anger. The point is this, recently street racing has been gaining a much more obnoxious crowd of lads. The echelon of people now attracted to it are the individuals that crave attention and have the money to back it up. I am guilty in a sense, as money is not really an issue but i am far more modest with my wins. Maybe i am missing the point, what i am trying to say is that street racing recently has seen a drop in skill and a rise instead in money spent and paint splashed. Driving a car that makes a loud noise and is painted brightly people seem to think categorizes them as a street racer and fuels there need to feel accepted and "cool".

What led me to make these all to harsh accusations was a meet i was at a couple of weeks ago. In downtown Cincinnati there is a place called the bump spot. In this spot cop presence is limited and races can be organized, executed and won quickly and efficiently so as to prove who is the "best". Anyway while there, i came across a seventeen year old (same age as myself) who had recently come into ownership (thanks to his parents) of an audi S4. A car that i admired and thought a noble choice. The individulal who i will refer to as Jack had fitted the car with a cat-bak exhaust, cold ait intake and stuck a body kit on it. The car was easily the most expensive car at the meet and he wanted everyone to know it. Being an asshole myself i called him out on his claims of invincibility. First off i asked him what liter engine the car had, he couldn't tell me. Then i asked him if he had tweaked with the transmission. To this question he gave the most unbelievable answer ever. He looked at me and said i gave it two extra gears. At first an impressive claim but i asked him how. He stuttered a bit and said he had them installed. WTF!!!!. I asked him how, he repeated, "i had the two extra gears installed". Calling him on BS i stuck my head inside the car and saw that it was a 6 gear automatic. This was too good to pass up. This guy obviously had no idea what he was talking about so i challenged him. haha this is where it gets good.

I went to my car and slid behined the wheel of my cooper. The boy started rolling on the ground when he saw what car i had and started talking an awful lot of smack. This response isn't unusual and doesn't offend me in the slightest, it is just a testimony to the gas guzzling, attention grabbing whores that are american teenagers. Lets make it interesting he said and slaps a twenty onto my windshield i took out my wallet and matched him with no fear at all. I knew the kid had a sport mode and a steptronic but i also knew that he had practically no knowledge of cars. With this in mind i suggested a roll off of 30. The twit accepted and the race was on. I didn't have anything to worry about. I Knew Jack would have no idea that he had to shift down in a steptronic, and would think that he could just depress the accelerator and win. We rolled at thirty and after the third honk we pressed and sure enough it was as if he was stationary. His automatic was cruising at two thousand revs when the race began to his initial start was limited, slow, and powerless. I collected my winnings along with his ego and returned to my group of friends.

To revisit my previous point. The world of street racing is begining to attract kids who simply want to look cool and think that smack talk, reving engines, and altogether dangerous driving is the way to be a street racer. This obscene behavior combined with their often unlimited budget is lowering the elite group that is known as street racers. i didn't even feel good about my win because i was racing in a different kind of competition. It was like playing checkers with Helen Keller, I had won before we ever started. Audi S4's are nice cars and i love them but kids ruin good cars and reputations by trying to be hip. I race for the adrenaline and for personal gain, these hooligans race because they saw it on TV and heard terms like cold air intake thrown around. This group then talks nonsense about cold air intakes, pretending to have this extensive knowledge of them just to sound cool. It is a true paradox. My generation is ruining street racing and for that i sincerely apologize and wish i could change it. Maybe for now we can just help by taking down their ego's and reminding them that it is not just about putting your foot down on the accelerator while some friend screams in the passenger seat. That the complete experience touches on the joy of learning about the car, and what makes it tick. The car is your baby to be nursed, fed, and cared for and in return raced. These pricks need to be taught a lesson and we are the ones to put it to them.

Sorry ranting over I am back

P.S. I have never raced an S4 but despite my mods to my car i would likely haver my ass kicked. I am not sure. I know they are good cars when behined the wheel of an intelligent driver

jeepgclwj
07-14-2008, 08:13 PM
Hi guys I know i haven't posted in a while and while i have browsed the site frequently for the past two months my fingers never touched the keyboard for any responses; for that i apologize. I am writing to touch on a particularily controversial topic that recently has perturbed me to the point of anger. The point is this, recently street racing has been gaining a much more obnoxious crowd of lads. The echelon of people now attracted to it are the individuals that crave attention and have the money to back it up. I am guilty in a sense, as money is not really an issue but i am far more modest with my wins. Maybe i am missing the point, what i am trying to say is that street racing recently has seen a drop in skill and a rise instead in money spent and paint splashed. Driving a car that makes a loud noise and is painted brightly people seem to think categorizes them as a street racer and fuels there need to feel accepted and "cool".

What led me to make these all to harsh accusations was a meet i was at a couple of weeks ago. In downtown Cincinnati there is a place called the bump spot. In this spot cop presence is limited and races can be organized, executed and won quickly and efficiently so as to prove who is the "best". Anyway while there, i came across a seventeen year old (same age as myself) who had recently come into ownership (thanks to his parents) of an audi S4. A car that i admired and thought a noble choice. The individulal who i will refer to as Jack had fitted the car with a cat-bak exhaust, cold ait intake and stuck a body kit on it. The car was easily the most expensive car at the meet and he wanted everyone to know it. Being an asshole myself i called him out on his claims of invincibility. First off i asked him what liter engine the car had, he couldn't tell me. Then i asked him if he had tweaked with the transmission. To this question he gave the most unbelievable answer ever. He looked at me and said i gave it two extra gears. At first an impressive claim but i asked him how. He stuttered a bit and said he had them installed. WTF!!!!. I asked him how, he repeated, "i had the two extra gears installed". Calling him on BS i stuck my head inside the car and saw that it was a 6 gear automatic. This was too good to pass up. This guy obviously had no idea what he was talking about so i challenged him. haha this is where it gets good.

I went to my car and slid behined the wheel of my cooper. The boy started rolling on the ground when he saw what car i had and started talking an awful lot of smack. This response isn't unusual and doesn't offend me in the slightest, it is just a testimony to the gas guzzling, attention grabbing whores that are american teenagers. Lets make it interesting he said and slaps a twenty onto my windshield i took out my wallet and matched him with no fear at all. I knew the kid had a sport mode and a steptronic but i also knew that he had practically no knowledge of cars. With this in mind i suggested a roll off of 30. The twit accepted and the race was on. I didn't have anything to worry about. I Knew Jack would have no idea that he had to shift down in a steptronic, and would think that he could just depress the accelerator and win. We rolled at thirty and after the third honk we pressed and sure enough it was as if he was stationary. His automatic was cruising at two thousand revs when the race began to his initial start was limited, slow, and powerless. I collected my winnings along with his ego and returned to my group of friends.

To revisit my previous point. The world of street racing is begining to attract kids who simply want to look cool and think that smack talk, reving engines, and altogether dangerous driving is the way to be a street racer. This obscene behavior combined with their often unlimited budget is lowering the elite group that is known as street racers. i didn't even feel good about my win because i was racing in a different kind of competition. It was like playing checkers with Helen Keller, I had won before we ever started. Audi S4's are nice cars and i love them but kids ruin good cars and reputations by trying to be hip. I race for the adrenaline and for personal gain, these hooligans race because they saw it on TV and heard terms like cold air intake thrown around. This group then talks nonsense about cold air intakes, pretending to have this extensive knowledge of them just to sound cool. It is a true paradox. My generation is ruining street racing and for that i sincerely apologize and wish i could change it. Maybe for now we can just help by taking down their ego's and reminding them that it is not just about putting your foot down on the accelerator while some friend screams in the passenger seat. That the complete experience touches on the joy of learning about the car, and what makes it tick. The car is your baby to be nursed, fed, and cared for and in return raced. These pricks need to be taught a lesson and we are the ones to put it to them.

Sorry ranting over I am back

P.S. I have never raced an S4 but despite my mods to my car i would likely haver my ass kicked. I am not sure. I know they are good cars when behined the wheel of an intelligent driver

A little more detail on the actual race would be great. I assume your Cooper is supercharged and modded.

I'm in Columbus if your ever around and I'm in towm hit me up. Well maybe not I cant beat a S4 I'm pretty sure. What year was the Audi I really cant see going through all that again to find out.

DottedPanda
07-14-2008, 09:02 PM
A little more detail on the actual race would be great. I assume your Cooper is supercharged and modded.

I'm in Columbus if your ever around and I'm in towm hit me up. Well maybe not I cant beat a S4 I'm pretty sure. What year was the Audi I really cant see going through all that again to find out.

No my cooper is an 07 so it is turbocharged not supercharged. It is only mildly modded with an alta CAI and a borla exhaust system. Nothing more. yeah i would love to hit you up sometime. the Audi year i am not sure i am sorry

CassiesMan
07-14-2008, 11:30 PM
Wow.

He really couldn't drive, seeing as those Steptronics, if anything like the BMW set up, has a kickdown function so that if you floor it, it drops down a gear and works just like you would have downshifted. Seeing especially as, on a good day, a Borla catback and intake on the turbo'd Cooper S, add, I dunno, 15 wheel horsepower, I'd say your chilling in the mid to high fourteens, solidly, trapping at, eh, somewhere south of 100

In stock form, I'm gonna say he had a B6 or later S4, for the simple fact that, well, a B5 Audi S4 (The bi turbo model) can be had on the real cheap and he could have bought it himself. So lets say he's got a B6 or later. Stock, your looking at something in the high to mid 13 range, trapping a touch above 100. With a cat back and intake, lets just say for shits and giggles sake that he's sitting at 13.5ish, trapping right around 100.

So your mid to high 14 second car that I all but promise you isn't trapping more than 100 if at all, pulled a triptronic Audi that, as soon as you floor it, was going to kickdown and jump into the right(ish) gear? Not pulling the BS flag yet, but I'm gonna need some video proof homeslice.

Meh, bring that Cooper down here, I want a piece of some Mini ass and none of them around here will run me.

DottedPanda
07-15-2008, 08:51 AM
Wow.

He really couldn't drive, seeing as those Steptronics, if anything like the BMW set up, has a kickdown function so that if you floor it, it drops down a gear and works just like you would have downshifted. Seeing especially as, on a good day, a Borla catback and intake on the turbo'd Cooper S, add, I dunno, 15 wheel horsepower, I'd say your chilling in the mid to high fourteens, solidly, trapping at, eh, somewhere south of 100

In stock form, I'm gonna say he had a B6 or later S4, for the simple fact that, well, a B5 Audi S4 (The bi turbo model) can be had on the real cheap and he could have bought it himself. So lets say he's got a B6 or later. Stock, your looking at something in the high to mid 13 range, trapping a touch above 100. With a cat back and intake, lets just say for shits and giggles sake that he's sitting at 13.5ish, trapping right around 100.

So your mid to high 14 second car that I all but promise you isn't trapping more than 100 if at all, pulled a triptronic Audi that, as soon as you floor it, was going to kickdown and jump into the right(ish) gear? Not pulling the BS flag yet, but I'm gonna need some video proof homeslice.

Meh, bring that Cooper down here, I want a piece of some Mini ass and none of them around here will run me.

Well my friend the threat of BS i can hopefully subdue with my explanation. When the accelerator is depressed all the way and it clicks that little button at the bottom underneath it, the car does indeed down shift by simple programing. However before the the car reacts to the downshift trigger being pressed the car already has accelerated subtely taking the car from a roll at 30 to high 30's/ low 40's so the car shifts up one more time before being dropped back a gear. So really the car pretty much stayed in the same gear and by the time all this had gone on anyway i had won the damn race.

In all honesty i would have been toasted no doubt, had the race been a mile or so but it was barely a quarter mile. Oh and with my alta cai and borla exhaust i am pressing about 220 ponies or so. I do the quarter mile in 13.7 by the way so actually you were a little high and i trap at 107. NOt Bad for a MINI haha

I don't BS if i can help it, it bugs me

CivRacer95
07-15-2008, 09:32 AM
Well my friend the threat of BS i can hopefully subdue with my explanation. When the accelerator is depressed all the way and it clicks that little button at the bottom underneath it, the car does indeed down shift by simple programing. However before the the car reacts to the downshift trigger being pressed the car already has accelerated subtely taking the car from a roll at 30 to high 30's/ low 40's so the car shifts up one more time before being dropped back a gear. So really the car pretty much stayed in the same gear and by the time all this had gone on anyway i had won the damn race.

In all honesty i would have been toasted no doubt, had the race been a mile or so but it was barely a quarter mile. Oh and with my alta cai and borla exhaust i am pressing about 220 ponies or so. I do the quarter mile in 13.7 by the way so actually you were a little high and i trap at 107. NOt Bad for a MINI haha

Well, to start off, welcome here to our SR section. I know you've been reading for a while and just lurking about, but I figure a welcome is in order.

Alright, I took just a moment to look over your profile, and it says you own an 08 Cooper, and not the 07 you stated. I can understand a simple mistype here and there, which is fine. And you actually seem like a smart, and decent kid for your age. Being 17 and all. :biggrin:. So, I'm going to take some time to point out a few flaws that I have noticed.

1. The 08 Cooper as pointed out in your profile, and in this thread say you own an 07?
2. Your Mini S has an estimated 172 bhp, and with an Intake and catback exhaust, you manage to gain nearly 50 bhp?
3. With a curb weight of over 2600 lbs, and 220 hp, you manage to squeek out a 13.7 1/4 time with a trap of 107 mph?

These are just a few things. I'm not trying to stomp on your toes, or make you feel unwelcomed, but I would like somethings clarified here. We've recently come across a few "posers" if you will around these parts. Most haven't stuck around because of consistent lying and holes in their stories.

If you could please show just a bit of proof of you vehicle, timeslips, and possibly some dyno numbers, that would be great. Just being skeptic, because really, it gets tiresome to try and approve of new members when they start off by giving a little BS to their stories.

Anyway, on topic with your post, I do appreciate the rant and can understand what you mean by the whole "street racer" image being turned to rubbish by a generation of uninformed kids. But in time, I found that most learn kids will learn with age, and eventually gain knowledge to understand what they are interested in.

CassiesMan
07-15-2008, 09:51 AM

Once again, having owned a car with a kickdown feature...uh, no. If you take maybe five or six seconds to fully floor the pedal, than yes. But, if you flat floor it hard, then no, it doesn't react fast enough to accelerate to the point of needing to upshift before down shifting. And if he did flat floor it fast enough to avoid the acceleration, but jumped up at the bare minimum of at least ten miles per hour in that less than a second or so, he would have toasted you so hard you would have thought you were on a pedal bike. Also, I don't know the exact shift profile of the S4 tranny, but on my slow shit 3er, second gear kicked in hard at around 30ish, and held to about 60-65, so, uh, I seriously doubt it upshifted from 30-40. Of course, I would need an actual B6 or later S4 owner to confirm this.

Slips, vids, and dyno charts or BS.

98BlackTransAm
07-15-2008, 09:52 AM
Well, to start off, welcome here to our SR section. I know you've been reading for a while and just lurking about, but I figure a welcome is in order.

Alright, I took just a moment to look over your profile, and it says you own an 08 Cooper, and not the 07 you stated. I can understand a simple mistype here and there, which is fine. And you actually seem like a smart, and decent kid for your age. Being 17 and all. :biggrin:. So, I'm going to take some time to point out a few flaws that I have noticed.

1. The 08 Cooper as pointed out in your profile, and in this thread say you own an 07?
2. Your Mini S has an estimated 172 bhp, and with an Intake and catback exhaust, you manage to gain nearly 50 bhp?
3. With a curb weight of over 2600 lbs, and 220 hp, you manage to squeek out a 13.7 1/4 time with a trap of 107 mph?

These are just a few things. I'm not trying to stomp on your toes, or make you feel unwelcomed, but I would like somethings clarified here. We've recently come across a few "posers" if you will around these parts. Most haven't stuck around because of consistent lying and holes in their stories.

If you could please show just a bit of proof of you vehicle, timeslips, and possibly some dyno numbers, that would be great. Just being skeptic, because really, it gets tiresome to try and approve of new members when they start off by giving a little BS to their stories.

Anyway, on topic with your post, I do appreciate the rant and can understand what you mean by the whole "street racer" image being turned to rubbish by a generation of uninformed kids. But in time, I found that most learn kids will learn with age, and eventually gain knowledge to understand what they are interested in.

lol you beat me to it.

there is no way in hell a cai and cat-back exhaust are going to add 50hp to an otherwise stock vehicle, ecpeccially not a damn 1.6 liter engine....also, there is no way in hell those "mods" (your car is basically still stock) will drop you from a ~15.2 1/4 mile down to 13.7. if you could break into the 14.9's then you would've surpassed my expectations.

and without pics i'm calling bs that you really even have a car :rolleyes:

CassiesMan
07-15-2008, 09:55 AM
lol you beat me to it.

there is no way in hell a cai and cat-back exhaust are going to add 50hp to an otherwise stock vehicle, ecpeccially not a damn 1.6 liter engine....also, there is no way in hell those "mods" (your car is basically still stock) will drop you from a ~15.2 1/4 mile down to 13.7. if you could break into the 14.9's then you would've surpassed my expectations.

and without pics i'm calling bs that you really even have a car :rolleyes:

Damnit, and you beat me to that! I was just about to add that to my last post, and then I saw you put that in. Damn you and your fast auto tranny!!!!

Oh, and since I'm a trap speed whore, don't forget it also added about 10-15mph to his trap speed!

BullDog71ss
07-15-2008, 12:35 PM
I've got nearly 300 whp and I only trap 102 mph...maybe I need a mini.

I think we are averaging about 4-5 of these wierdos a year now. Which is kind of nice though, it breaks up the monotony. It's been getting pretty boring around here.

TorchedStealth
07-15-2008, 01:26 PM
I also would like to see proof of this vehicle. I'm not saying you dont have it...I'm just a little skeptical about the numbers you threw out.

I make lets say ~220whp and weigh in at about 2950 lbs and i trap at 99mph, so if you make 220 Bhp and weigh ~2600 lbs i really dont see 107 mph trap speeds.

If you show us some proof I'm sure you would gain a lot of respect from all of us.

DottedPanda
07-15-2008, 03:45 PM
Wow i did not expect that haha oh well i guess proof is in order. the mistake is in the previous post the mini is an 07 not an 08 and it has the JCW package so actually it makes just under 200 horse power stock. So a gain of twenty horse power isn't as bold a claim as 50. You are justafied on wanting proof all of you and i will be sure to put some pics up. The JCW package comes with a differently tuned ecu and other upgrades that i simply didn't mention b/c they are added by BMW not me.

As for the quater mile time and trap speed okay i have to admit something, it was not done proffesionally. My friends dad is the president of a company known Neyer Conctruction. Behined their central plant there is a half mile of straight road for semi trucks to travel to the compound for shipments. a couple of weeks ago my friends and i literally set up a quarter mile track there and did times using
1) a cap gun to start it
2)two stop watches that were pressed when the gun went off and when the cars crossed the line
3)A baseball pitch speed radar gun to determine final trap speed.

So granted i probably wouldn't trap exactly that or have that exact speed on a real course. Sorry for misleading you guys but who doesn't like to look good haha.

As for the pic's can someone help me as to how to up load them

I really do like this forum and don't want to be viewed as one of those kids who i am actually beliteling in the primary post.

CivRacer95
07-15-2008, 04:18 PM
Well, if you are inquiring on uploading pictures, I suggest using a website like Photobucket.com or some sort.

Usually when you upload the photos to a place like Photobucket, they provide an embeding link underneath the picture after you upload it. Embed your photos here after you upload them. Or, if you would like, I can upload the pictures for you if you want to send the pictures in a folder through email.

I'm glad you are willing to own up about the "fake" quarter mile gig. It's understandable if you are looking for acceptance. But like I said, you seem like a decent and knowledgable kid. That's why I'm willing to give you the benefit of the doubt.

Well, I look forward to your response, and if you want me to upload the photos, send me a PM and I'll give you my email address.

DottedPanda
07-15-2008, 04:24 PM
Thankyou for the advise and the compliment

Just another eason i like the forums

CassiesMan
07-15-2008, 04:38 PM
As for the quater mile time and trap speed okay i have to admit something, it was not done proffesionally. My friends dad is the president of a company known Neyer Conctruction. Behined their central plant there is a half mile of straight road for semi trucks to travel to the compound for shipments. a couple of weeks ago my friends and i literally set up a quarter mile track there and did times using
1) a cap gun to start it
2)two stop watches that were pressed when the gun went off and when the cars crossed the line
3)A baseball pitch speed radar gun to determine final trap speed.

This is on such a level of fail I don't even think a barrel roll will save you. In fact, I think fail doesn't even begin to cover this. Might actually wanna look up how trap speed, amongst other things, are measured. I'm still on the BS borderline with you walking over a S4 which, in stock form, would still have little trouble if any with a JCW Cooper.

DottedPanda
07-15-2008, 05:06 PM
Okay i don't really have a problem with BS being called seen as i have no way to prove it. The only way i can prove it is by showing you with a video that i don't have so i am sorry.

You are starting to annoy me, i am trying to be very polite and i am not trying to be some prick, i keep apologizing for things i shouldn't be. I am sorry you don't believe me end of story

CivRacer95
07-15-2008, 05:17 PM
Okay i don't really have a problem with BS being called seen as i have no way to prove it. The only way i can prove it is by showing you with a video that i don't have so i am sorry.

You are starting to annoy me, i am trying to be very polite and i am not trying to be some prick, i keep apologizing for things i shouldn't be. I am sorry you don't believe me end of story

Don't mind him, he usually tries to put everyone to the test if he doesn't like what he sees.

Well, in any sense, you are providing pictures at this moment and I'm glad you figured that part out. You also owned up about the quarter mile you set up with some friends. Which pretty much rules out the whole 1/4 timeslips people want, and you were kind enough even to rule out the possibility of your car gaining 50 ponies from an intake and exhaust set up.

Most short-term members aren't even willing to go through the effort you are demonstrating. They usually just give up and leave the forums, or try to find another means of BSing their way back into our forums.

Edit: took the time to just look up the JCW and here is a link to some of the things included in the package:

http://www.seriouswheels.com/cars/2008/top-2008-Mini-Cooper-S-John-Cooper-Works-Tuning-Kit.htm

Just curious to know, but how much did the 'rents spend on this vehicle you drive around in?

DottedPanda
07-15-2008, 05:30 PM
Uh i don't know exactly but it was just over 20 grand with a trade in.

jeepgclwj
07-15-2008, 06:53 PM
Driver of S4 needs an Escort to drive

Rematch with video

Go to track and get acurate numbers (ones real close to you)

Prediction mid-high 14's@98mph

CassiesMan
07-15-2008, 11:39 PM
Uh i don't know exactly but it was just over 20 grand with a trade in.

So wait, your ripping on people for having a car bought by mommy and daddy and you are no different?

Prediction mid-high 14's@98

I'll agree with that one. I still don't buy him walking a mid-low 13 car from a roll, but whatever. I'd like to see real slip times before the BS flag is permanent.

UnderEstimate Me
07-16-2008, 12:15 AM
This thread makes me smile.

GForce957
07-16-2008, 01:14 AM
98 might be a little high if he only has 220hp and 2600, unless its whp

CivRacer95
07-16-2008, 06:04 AM
So wait, your ripping on people for having a car bought by mommy and daddy and you are no different?

His first post never implied that he had a problem with "Jack's" parents buying him the car. He even complimented the guys car as being noble. Atleast it seemed that way to me.

Quit trying to be a hater and let the kid be. It's getting pretty annoying that you are just looking for every which way to disprove of his story. I admittedly was one who pointed the finger as well, but atleast I can show reason and accept that fact he owned up about it.

In other words, lay the fuck off and stop acting like a prick. End of story. Mid to High 14 sec car beat the kids Audi S4 (which was never clarified as to what year it was, only assumed). This thread can stay open, but I would appreciate it if DottedPanda wouldn't mind finding out the details to "Jacks" S4. That's all I have to request.

CassiesMan
07-16-2008, 08:42 AM
His first post never implied that he had a problem with "Jack's" parents buying him the car. He even complimented the guys car as being noble. Atleast it seemed that way to me.

I read it other wise.

Quit trying to be a hater and let the kid be. It's getting pretty annoying that you are just looking for every which way to disprove of his story. I admittedly was one who pointed the finger as well, but atleast I can show reason and accept that fact he owned up about it.

Ummm...I don't need to try to disprove his story, he is continually doing a good job of it himself. Stop watches and a radar gun to get a 1/4mile and trap time that is obscenely fast for any Mini? Walking a car that runs mid 13s as an Auto, because with those bolt ons I would more than likely say even an auto B5 BiTurbo would be in the high 13s, but more about this in a second. I'm gonna disect the next statement here, so try to hang with me.

Mid to High 14 sec car beat the kids Audi S4 (which was never clarified as to what year it was, only assumed).

The year has been clarified. It is 2003 or newer. The B4s came with a five speed tipronic gear box, not a six speed. It was the B5 and newer chassis that came with a six speed. So I'm gonna say no, it didn't. Either it was an Audi A4 with the 4 banger turbo, or he's lying. It is basic fucking math. Racing from a roll, the Audi has the better gearing and more power. The only way for the S4 not to activate the kickdown is for the driver to take half a minute to press down on the accelerator, and not activate kickdown. In that case, Jack wasn't even racing. So as long as he honestly floored it, the Mini looses.

In other words, lay the fuck off and stop acting like a prick. End of story.

Or I can keep digging for the truth since you seem so complacent to accept a bunch of bullshit. At least a few of us around here still do. Maybe I can see through the basic grasp of the English language (which so far, is one of the few things he has done better than your standard poser comes in here with) to not ride this kids dick and think hey, a high 14 second 98mph (on a good day) Mini can roll on a mid to low thirteen second Audi. No problem, that totally makes sense. I'll stop acting like a prick and lay off when you stop sucking this kid off because he can type, or he can offer proof that he rolled the S4, beyond he and some of his butt buddies going out back behind a warehouse with a stop watch and a baseball pitch radar and a cap gun...

And the lack of details on the race beyond "it was over before it was even started" only adds to suspicion. That, and I love how the mod list continues to grow. First it was just the turbo Cooper with an intake and catback. Then it was the JCW Cooper, which he has at least prooven that. Now its a JCW Cooper with Intake, Catback, BOV, and a "Diablo" Tune. I can only assume that a "Diablo Tune" is a DiabloSport, and thatn in and off itself is pretty interesting, seeing as, I dunno, they only offer tuning solutions for Domestics according to their website.

but I would appreciate it if DottedPanda wouldn't mind finding out the details to "Jacks" S4. That's all I have to request.

I'll agree with you on that.

98 might be a little high if he only has 220hp and 2600, unless its whp

Eh, I can see it. Maybe a bit slower. I was trapping in the mid 90s with the 325i, and it wasn't pushing more than 160-170 at the wheels. I'd just be amazed if he pushed out anything better than a 14.5.

You are starting to annoy me, I am trying to be very polite and I am not trying to be some prick, I keep apologizing for things I shouldn't be. I am sorry you don't believe me end of story.

If you have indeed been browsing "the site frequently for the past two months my fingers never touched the keyboard for any responses", then you should have expected this, and it would have been no big deal to see it. You would have had been expeting to be asked for slips, pictures, and the like on a two sentance long "I beat an S4" story.

98BlackTransAm
07-16-2008, 02:18 PM
the phrase "anything can happen on the street" doesn't apply here, because yeah simple mathmatics rule out any possibility that this race actually took place as illustrated.

i do find it ironic how the letters "S" and "A" are located right next to each other on the keyboard though...so perhaps one finger slip moprhed this story from a plausible one to precarious.

CivRacer95
07-16-2008, 02:32 PM
Ummm...I don't need to try to disprove his story, he is continually doing a good job of it himself. Stop watches and a radar gun to get a 1/4mile and trap time that is obscenely fast for any Mini? Walking a car that runs mid 13s as an Auto, because with those bolt ons I would more than likely say even an auto B5 BiTurbo would be in the high 13s, but more about this in a second. I'm gonna disect the next statement here, so try to hang with me. z

Funny, he actually came clean about that. So I don't see a problem with that. Unlike most people who try to over correct themselves or dig up more bullshit and come up much worse, he openly admitted it, just to look for acceptance.

Did you mention that the S4 possibly had a Steptronic transmission? Well, last I checked, you have the option to change the gears yourself as though you had a manual transmission right? So let's assume "Jack" was trying to switch through the gears like he had a manual, but came up short consistenly because of:

A: Lack of practice.
B: Can't drive for shit.
C: Isn't familiar with shift points.
D: All of the above.

Wouldn't doubt that it could happen especially if someone didn't know their car very well. And in this case, it could possibly lead to Panda winning the race.

The year has been clarified. It is 2003 or newer. The B4s came with a five speed tipronic gear box, not a six speed. It was the B5 and newer chassis that came with a six speed. So I'm gonna say no, it didn't. Either it was an Audi A4 with the 4 banger turbo, or he's lying. It is basic fucking math. Racing from a roll, the Audi has the better gearing and more power. The only way for the S4 not to activate the kickdown is for the driver to take half a minute to press down on the accelerator, and not activate kickdown. In that case, Jack wasn't even racing. So as long as he honestly floored it, the Mini looses.

Unless the OP PMed you the year of the car, I've yet to find it any where in this thread. The only possible hint was that he said the car was easily the most expensive in the group. But seeing that the Mini cost his parents 20K plus a trade in, I wouldn't doubt that Pandas Mini was the most expensive car there. (FYI a 2003 S4 can be had for nearly 15K these days. Not too pricey if you actually know what a vehicle is worth)

By assuming now that it was an S4 badged A4, you pretty much rendered all of your accusations useless, and we probably won't know for sure until he can get some details about "Jacks" car. I can tell at this point, if it was, our OP probably wouldn't know how to tell the cars apart if it was done, and if so, that makes this "Jack" person, a bigger poser than ever.

So long as he floors it (in this possible scenario of it being an A4) the mini may possibly lose. Would be a lot closer.

Or I can keep digging for the truth since you seem so complacent to accept a bunch of bullshit. At least a few of us around here still do. Maybe I can see through the basic grasp of the English language (which so far, is one of the few things he has done better than your standard poser comes in here with) to not ride this kids dick and think hey, a high 14 second 98mph (on a good day) Mini can roll on a mid to low thirteen second Audi. No problem, that totally makes sense. I'll stop acting like a prick and lay off when you stop sucking this kid off because he can type

You say I'm "complacent" about this? Hardly. I was one of the first to call BS to begin with. I asked for details and he began to provide some. Even still, I checked up on the JCW Cooper S, and to be honest, I don't even believe for a minute that he owns one. In case you didn't look for yourself because you couldn't take a minute to let your dick soften up, his car doesn't have any sort of resemblence to the JCW Cooper S. It looks entirely stock like a base model Mini, unlike the pictures provided that I gave a link to.

Sucking him off because he can type? Heh, so insulting me because I give someone a chance around here is suddenly a problem. Well, as a moderator, I give people the benefit of the doubt. I can tell you that most people in here from time to time exaggerate their stories. Let me once again bring up the time you claimed your bimmer reached (don't remember) 70-100 or so in about 3 seconds. Everyone jumped down you throat. But who was it that was one to give the benefit out the doubt? Me. I remember backing you up at that time.

And so he can type. I'm glad he can, because half the guys in here string together words worse than an 8 year old. It shows a lot of character and maturity, especially from an 17 year old. It's nice to read a post that doesn't strain the shit out of my eyes.

And the lack of details on the race beyond "it was over before it was even started" only adds to suspicion. That, and I love how the mod list continues to grow. First it was just the turbo Cooper with an intake and catback. Then it was the JCW Cooper, which he has at least prooven that. Now its a JCW Cooper with Intake, Catback, BOV, and a "Diablo" Tune. I can only assume that a "Diablo Tune" is a DiabloSport, and thatn in and off itself is pretty interesting, seeing as, I dunno, they only offer tuning solutions for Domestics according to their website.

I'm not entirely clueless as to what he has put up so far. I've been watching this whole time and I still notice things here and there that catch my interest. But, with he sig, he also provided a picture of his vehicle. Wasn't that something everyone wanted to see?

And yes, the list has grown. I'm going to assume he doesn't know about his car, and it could very well be his fathers car. In which case, I bet he is inquiring about the details because he himself is not very familiar with the vehicle he drives.

As before I mentioned that his car looks nothing like the JCW Cooper S. It's not hard to see, but still, I'm giving him a chance because I feel he deserves it for being honest about the things we have discussed here. And more than likely, he'll probably come clean about other things. I get the impression that he genuinely wants to stay here and enjoy or community, and so far, if anything is false that he provided, he'll come clean about. I'm confident he will.

Besides, he probably won't be the first person we've allowed to come into this community after they have BSed a bit, were called on it, and came clean about it. There have been a few members here that were allowed to (which I don't remember because I don't keep tabs on everyone here). And so, if he does, I don't mind him sticking around. Otherwise, if he chooses not to, then he'll probably be harassed about this later on.

All that aside, Cassiesman, this isn't the first time you've insulted me because I choose to let someone own up about things. Your consistent pursuit to "find the truth" has led you to become a complete dickhead in the past. And you have proven to do it yet again because you think you have to be the one to prove everyone wrong. Most in here that do call BS aren't nearly as bullheaded as you have been. I've found that those who have tried to call BS, usually let it be and let the moderators handle it with their own care.

I'll use you as an example here publicly. If you insult me again for looking at both sides of the story, I WILL give you a nice vacation from AF.

I don't appreciate trying to be underminded, and I do know what to look for if there is a suspicion on the rise from a new member. I'd rather let it play out and see for myself if someone is trying to pull someone's leg around here. This is your last warning, and it's a warning to anyone else.

Comprende?

-Civ

DottedPanda
07-16-2008, 02:33 PM
Haha well there really is no way i can win with this chump out to destroy me and everyone else who remains respectable and kind. I have no idea who the Audi kid is and i have not seen him at the bump spot since the race. I will ask around and see if i can get some details for civracer95 not for cassiesman. The fact that he sat down and picked apart different posts, taking some of them out of context is sad and is no doubt an accurate representation of how much of a prick he is in real life. None of the comments particulary upset me seen as everyone was respectable except for cassiesman who i just ignored. The only one that did arrouse a bit of anger was the one about "mommy and daddy bought me the car so i am no different". THe post is not ripping on people with money the post is talking about "a decrease in skill and rise in paint splashed". In other words people making their cars look cool and perform well but having no idea how to drive them.

I would hope that the reason for your harshness is due to previous individuals who maybe have talked a lot of BS and have left after they felt the wrath of Cassie. I am going nowhere, i am bigger than that. if your goal was to get me to leave you have only encouraged me to stay, if only to see what else you have got.

Since we can't end this fight logically and on both front's we have made mistakes despite being a noob to the forums why don't we just do what men do "fucking forget it". Maybe the mistake was mine in posting such a controversial post with figures that granted could not be proved, before i had become a respected part of this community. So i am going to be a man and ask nobly for an apology if not then well we can keep going. But what do you say man can we forget this with the promise next time to bring a video camera to the race?

P.S. Thankyou Civic
P.S.The Mini IS a JCW just because it might not look like it. I can understand that it might not look like a JCW to the non mini driver. Granted i doon't have quite as an extensive knowledge of some iner workings of the cars as some of the people here but i do know lots and lots about mini's. I love them, which is why i chose one out of all the cars i could have had. Okay the JCW kit is a package deal when you purchase the car and comes with a number of upgrades. Two of which being a body kit and a different looking grill. To the skeptic, my car does not seem to have these features. Well that is because it doesn't. When my dad originally purchased the car for ME!! it was a stock S which dissapointed me. NOt because i thought it didn't look as cool but because it simply didn't have quite as much punch. So BIG PAPPS AUDI (a car custom shop in cincinnati) installed the kit. I love the way the mini looks and so instead of dropping an extra grand for a body kit, grill, and bigger wing i bought myself a GPS. The car is mine, my sister has a Scion TC, my dad has a 6 series, and my mum has an x3. ahh there we go

CassiesMan
07-16-2008, 04:47 PM
Did you mention that the S4 possibly had a Steptronic transmission? Well, last I checked, you have the option to change the gears yourself as though you had a manual transmission right? So let's assume "Jack" was trying to switch through the gears like he had a manual, but came up short consistenly because of:

A: Lack of practice.
B: Can't drive for shit.
C: Isn't familiar with shift points.
D: All of the above.

Wouldn't doubt that it could happen especially if someone didn't know their car very well. And in this case, it could possibly lead to Panda winning the race.

The only benefit of the doubt you can give to the story in this case is that Jack is the most incompetent driver on the face of the plannet. Ok, I'll accept that. Jack can't even shift an auto tranny. So Jack, who must have the IQ of a hole in the ground could, in theory, loose. He would have to try to loose, but he'd loose. Fine. I still call BS.

Unless the OP PMed you the year of the car, I've yet to find it any where in this thread. The only possible hint was that he said the car was easily the most expensive in the group.

You don't read very well do you. He said it was a six speed steptronic. That alone limits it to being the B5 or newer chasis. Its that fucking simple.

By assuming now that it was an S4 badged A4, you pretty much rendered all of your accusations useless, and we probably won't know for sure until he can get some details about "Jacks" car.

I never did assume it, I just said its the only way in hell he could have kicked "Jacks" ass so hard.

In case you didn't look for yourself because you couldn't take a minute to let your dick soften up, his car doesn't have any sort of resemblence to the JCW Cooper S. It looks entirely stock like a base model Mini, unlike the pictures provided that I gave a link to.

Actually, after some Google image searching, it looks like a few of the JCW Coopers pulled up from the front end, as I found a few running those star style wheels. But prooving that he didn't own the Cooper wasn't my goal, first I just wanted him to admit the bullshit on the race. Baby steps.

Let me once again bring up the time you claimed your bimmer reached (don't remember) 70-100 or so in about 3 seconds. Everyone jumped down you throat. But who was it that was one to give the benefit out the doubt? Me. I remember backing you up at that time.

And there is your good deed for the year. Have a cookie. Hindsight being twenty twenty, I was being a ricer and I woulda tore my own ass up over it. But there is also a difference in exagerating a story, and flat out bull shit.

I'm not entirely clueless as to what he has put up so far. I've been watching this whole time and I still notice things here and there that catch my interest. But, with he sig, he also provided a picture of his vehicle. Wasn't that something everyone wanted to see?

I never asked for a shot of the car, so while I'm sure that is good enough for you, not me.

Your consistent pursuit to "find the truth" has led you to become a complete dickhead in the past.

And damned proud of it! To paraphrase Tony, you need me to point your finger at and say don't be like him.

And you have proven to do it yet again because you think you have to be the one to prove everyone wrong.

It runs in the family, and damned if we aren't good at it.

Most in here that do call BS aren't nearly as bullheaded as you have been. I've found that those who have tried to call BS, usually let it be and let the moderators handle it with their own care.

I'll use you as an example here publicly. If you insult me again for looking at both sides of the story, I WILL give you a nice vacation from AF.

I don't appreciate trying to be underminded, and I do know what to look for if there is a suspicion on the rise from a new member. I'd rather let it play out and see for myself if someone is trying to pull someone's leg around here. This is your last warning, and it's a warning to anyone else.

Comprende?

Oh dear me, lord knows how I'd survive if I got a ban from Civ. The world just might end and my life may be over. What ever shall I do? Undermine you? You act like you have the keys to the boomers on a nuke sub and I'm rallying the crew against you. God help me if my life gets to the point where I'm worried about being undermined on an internet discussion forum. I mean, shit, whatever helps you sleep at night, but c'mon. If I was ever worried about being undermined on an internet forum, I think I'd take a step back, figure out where the hell my life turned to shit, and shoot myself after that.

Haha well there really is no way i can win with this chump out to destroy me and everyone else who remains respectable and kind. I have no idea who the Audi kid is and i have not seen him at the bump spot since the race. I will ask around and see if i can get some details for civracer95 not for cassiesman. The fact that he sat down and picked apart different posts, taking some of them out of context is sad and is no doubt an accurate representation of how much of a prick he is in real life. None of the comments particulary upset me seen as everyone was respectable except for cassiesman who i just ignored. The only one that did arrouse a bit of anger was the one about "mommy and daddy bought me the car so i am no different". THe post is not ripping on people with money the post is talking about "a decrease in skill and rise in paint splashed". In other words people making their cars look cool and perform well but having no idea how to drive them.

Oh noes! Someone on the internet doesn't like me! I know your 17 so still a virgin to the real world kid, but get used to it. People (myself included) don't care if you like them or not. I have plenty of friends that I get along with just fine, and they get along with me. But hey, this is the easiest its ever been for me to piss someone off. Most of the time I have to work to see what it takes to get under someone's skin. You just flat out told me.

I would hope that the reason for your harshness is due to previous individuals who maybe have talked a lot of BS and have left after they felt the wrath of Cassie. I am going nowhere, i am bigger than that. if your goal was to get me to leave you have only encouraged me to stay, if only to see what else you have got.

No, my reason for my harsness is I don't like people coming in on their high fucking horse and laying down a line of bullshit. And I hope you stay, I can't wait to see what other performance numbers you come up with and how you figured them out.

Since we can't end this fight logically and on both front's we have made mistakes despite being a noob to the forums why don't we just do what men do "fucking forget it". Maybe the mistake was mine in posting such a controversial post with figures that granted could not be proved, before i had become a respected part of this community. So i am going to be a man and ask nobly for an apology if not then well we can keep going. But what do you say man can we forget this with the promise next time to bring a video camera to the race?

We have both made mistakes? Huh? I can see your mistakes. All I've done was pick yours apart. And why the hell would I appologize to you?

The Mini IS a JCW just because it might not look like it. I can understand that it might not look like a JCW to the non mini driver. Granted i doon't have quite as an extensive knowledge of some iner workings of the cars as some of the people here but i do know lots and lots about mini's. I love them, which is why i chose one out of all the cars i could have had. Okay the JCW kit is a package deal when you purchase the car and comes with a number of upgrades. Two of which being a body kit and a different looking grill. To the skeptic, my car does not seem to have these features. Well that is because it doesn't. When my dad originally purchased the car for ME!! it was a stock S which dissapointed me. NOt because i thought it didn't look as cool but because it simply didn't have quite as much punch. So BIG PAPPS AUDI (a car custom shop in cincinnati) installed the kit. I love the way the mini looks and so instead of dropping an extra grand for a body kit, grill, and bigger wing i bought myself a GPS. The car is mine, my sister has a Scion TC, my dad has a 6 series, and my mum has an x3. ahh there we go

And the bullshit flows like water through the mountains. So it isn't a JCW, its a Cooper S with a JCW package. God damn son, just man up to it. And you were dissapointed because daddy bought you a nice little car? Shit son, except for the first year of ownership on my piece of shit Rav4, I've paid my own money for all my cars. Did mommy and daddy buy you the aftermarket stuff too? Hell, I was happy to get window tint as a Christmas gift. And now an Audi place installed the kit? STOP THE BULLSHIT KID! Although it must suck that stock for stock, your sister's car could whup your ass.

As I expect this to be my last post for a bit, then I'll go ahead and leave you with a nice piece of advice:

The truth will set you free.

CivRacer95
07-16-2008, 05:00 PM
:wave:

Buh bye, thanks for showing compliance.

As for this thread, I'll leave it open. It may continue, but let's just hope it can continue without anymore "BS" coming in...

:rolleyes:

UnderEstimate Me
07-16-2008, 05:26 PM
Kinda harsh if you ask me.

CivRacer95
07-16-2008, 05:48 PM
Kinda harsh if you ask me.

Didn't ask you...:)

DottedPanda
07-16-2008, 05:54 PM
If he doesn't kill someone before he hits thirty i will eat my hat nuff said. Not that it really matters at this point cause he is banned but there is no such thing as a JCW MINI except the ones the John Cooper actually owned himself. What makes a mini a JCW mini is the package add on. So well there you go. I am going to try and go up to clifton and get some times on the quarter mile next week haha

UnderEstimate Me
07-17-2008, 02:22 PM
Didn't ask you...:)

This is a forum, you dont have to.

cHo
07-17-2008, 03:47 PM
I don't know a darn thing about mini coopers other than they're a different class of car from mine. I didn't know that they came out with a turbocharged model and I don't know what JSC is. What I do know is that the ONLY way that a newer S4 would of lost is if he was using the shifter to constanty upshift. All the steptronic trannys will shift at what it considers the last resort so you don't screw up your motor. So even flooring it, the ability for the higher horsepower/torque to apply the power to the ground with Audi's Quattro should make most of his torque and hp useful as opposed to a fwd turbo car that would have to worry about traction(unless their car makes no power but that helps my arguement regardless..).
Im gonna have to call BS.
You seem like a cool guy and you do make reading a bit easier on the eyes. The numbers and cars tell me that unless he was just upshifting or you guys raced from 30-50mph.

MZR_47
07-17-2008, 04:30 PM
I personally like CassiesMan. He helped me out alot in deciding between a Mazdaspeed 3 or some other car. He has produced more sig-worthy quotes than any other man on AF. He is damn funny, on a good day.

Yes, I admit, he has a temper and just doesnt care what other people think. he speaks his mind and is convinced he is right, no matter what the argument is.

He didnt have an open mind on that at all. There are innumerable amounts of variables that could happen to allow an S4 to lose to the JCW. My personal opinion is he tried to shift on his own and failed epicly.

Though I must say that the ghetto-rigged quarter times are NOT legitimate at all, and should not be used as real numbers.

I dont believe him entirely, as he had lied originally about the quarter times and trap speeds. But for the most part, he seems legitimate. there was a bone stock 90's grand am that beat an Evo VIII up here because the Ev driver failed so hard at driving that he lost. It can happen people.

yes, its a forum. We dont have to be nice to everyone. But try to accept people when they make a mistake. A giant pissing contest puts us on Streetfire levels, and we all know how pathetic that is. Most of you handled yourselves well, and I commend you for that. But I say we try to avoid confrontations like this in the future.

Thank you much AFers.

CivRacer95
07-17-2008, 05:16 PM
I appreciate the say MZR. Basically what I was aiming for in a nutshell. There are always plenty of variable, and really, I'm getting tired of certain members trying to push newer members away, even though they may have started off on a bad lead.

I gave Panda the chance to explain himself, and he has done so. The whack-ass 1/4 mile story is absolutely no way to measure ones own performance, but on the flipside, he openly admitted that he did that. I commend honesty.

And in Cassies last words before I sent him on vacation "the truth will set you free". In which case, I agree, thus the reason I am allowing Panda to stick around and explain himself more. I'm willing to let him stay, and I'm sure he understands how much of an offense it is to senior members here who don't appreciate Bullshitting to start.

In the end, lessons are learned, and we're all just going to move along.

DottedPanda, just do us all a favor, and just try and get some details about this fellows car. Pretty much what most people want here. Several have asked to see your car. You provided. People want to see vids, I'm sure you'll provide them.

Just be sure to show proof from this point until you've established yourself as a regular.

That is all.

As for this thread, I'm going to close it. It's gone far off course from the original topic, and has led to a course of drama. Alright folks?

Add your comment to this topic!