Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Power seats won't move forward/backward but other functions work

jtmcg
07-13-2008, 01:22 PM
I have an 04 Trailblazer LT. Both driver and passenger power seats stop working at times. The only thing that stops working is the forward and backward movement. Everything else still operates (height, seat back position, lumbar, heater, etc.). First it was the passenger seat that stopped working, then one day it just started working again. After that, the driver seat stop moving forward/backward and now the passenger seat stopped working again? Just seems weird that everything else works on the seats and that it sometimes works and sometimes doesn't. Any help/knowledge on this would be greatly appreciated!!

maxwedge
07-13-2008, 02:35 PM
Welcome to AF.Do you have memory seats?

jtmcg
07-13-2008, 04:22 PM
Yes, it has a memory driver seat, but not the passenger seat. It just doesn't make sense to me why sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't...and all the while, everything else always works! :banghead:

lamehonda
07-13-2008, 04:58 PM
I would assume that there is a seperate motor just for this movement and it isn't always getting power. Short maybe?

jtmcg
07-13-2008, 05:06 PM
You can still hear the motor turning when you push the forward/backward knob, it just won't move.

maxwedge
07-13-2008, 07:09 PM
There are solenoids in the seat track assy that engage the various gears in the seat transmission, bad connections or even a bad switch can cause this, they must be checked for circuit continuity and function when this happens.

Add your comment to this topic!