Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

review mirror - mounting button

wtijr
07-13-2008, 09:53 AM
98 Regal LS

The rearview mirror has fallen off. I need to remove the mounting button but I can't figure out how to without using what seems to be an excessive amount of force. There is a small button on the interior facing side of the mirror stem but it doesn't seem to do anything. I'm worried about simply prying it off because it seems it might break. Ideas?

wtijr
07-14-2008, 09:32 AM
After examining the in mounting button, I went ahead with the excessive force method and it worked. On one end of the button there is a opening that will accept a small to medium size flat head screwdriver. Insert and pry and the button comes off. Whoever designed the mounting base must have been insane or perverse because the base has a little knob and groves which serve no apparent purpose. If the design was for aesthetics, it could only be appreciated when resting your head on the dashboard.
Anyway, for the record, insert and pry to remove the mounting button.

richtazz
07-14-2008, 03:01 PM
I agree with the design of that piece. That engineer should be beaten senseless with his pocket protector.

HotZ28
07-14-2008, 06:54 PM
That engineer should be beaten senseless with his pocket protector. Now that is extremely mild punishment for someone designing something that stupid! I think they should be tied to a tree and “caned” with a bamboo stick, no less than 100-lashes and then have salt poured in their wounds! After they heal, hand them a pink slip! :grinyes:

Add your comment to this topic!