Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

G6 available with manual trans?

J-Ri
07-12-2008, 04:46 PM
I sent an E-mail to a GM/Pontiac representative (e-mail was on Pontiac's site, but was someguy@gm.com :dunno:) a month or two ago urging them to produce more vehicles with a manual trans option, and he said they did, and gave me a list of several, which included the G6, and I was happy. Now, I am looking at possibly buying a new G5 or G6. The G6 does not have a M/T option for 2008, at least in the "build your own" on their site, did it in the past, or was that guy just trying to get me to leave him alone? If I'm buying a new car, I'd prefer the 3.6L V6, but the G5, which does have an M/T option only has a 2.2 or 2.4L ecotec.

grfnkl
07-13-2008, 07:35 PM
I sent an E-mail to a GM/Pontiac representative (e-mail was on Pontiac's site, but was someguy@gm.com :dunno:) a month or two ago urging them to produce more vehicles with a manual trans option, and he said they did, and gave me a list of several, which included the G6, and I was happy. Now, I am looking at possibly buying a new G5 or G6. The G6 does not have a M/T option for 2008, at least in the "build your own" on their site, did it in the past, or was that guy just trying to get me to leave him alone? If I'm buying a new car, I'd prefer the 3.6L V6, but the G5, which does have an M/T option only has a 2.2 or 2.4L ecotec.

The new 08 G6's do not have the M/t option. It was only available on the 06 and 07 model years with the 3.9L engine. They are hard to come by though. However the 3.6L get way better gas mileage then the 3.9L. The G6 has had 5 different engines so far under the hood. I know the g5 has the M/t option and has the 4cyl. I wish that they would push their M/t cars more.

Add your comment to this topic!