Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

95 3800 haunted

elroyas
07-10-2008, 05:24 PM
Hello, my 95 Transsport has a weird problem: Powerwindows u/s, Daytime Running Lights u/s, Lights work manualy but then the light-on reminder buzzer starts. fuel low light on, Rev and speedo u/s, ABS u/s, Tractioncontrol u/s, engine in backup mode. OBD says P1670.
Oké, I can explain some things with the P1670 but things like the powerwindows and the DRL are blurred. The manual doesn't help me much with this.
Before I start looking deeeeep, any sugestion?
This looks so complex it must be simple...:runaround:
Thanks,

Andy

Jeffrv
07-10-2008, 11:55 PM
Andy:
With so many symptoms going on simulatanously, I suspect there is a ground problem. There is a major ground connection for the instrument panel located behind the left kickpanel, next to the parking brake pedal, perhaps try there first
Jeff

elroyas
07-11-2008, 01:13 AM
Thanks Jeff, a good tip. Found Groundstud 200 popping up in a lot schematics. Also found that all relevant cb's are stacked away in one place under the glovebox. Start cheching it all tonight (First duty calls). Thanks!

Andy

elroyas
07-11-2008, 09:53 AM
Well, I think I found the problem, there is no power on the 'hot in run' bus.
Looks like the ignition switch has died partialy. (orange wire output)
It checks out with all the systems failing.

I checked this forum for the igintion switch and I can see I'm not the first with this problem. A lot of similar gaga.

Now I need to solve it, but it looks like changing the ingnition switch is going to be a pain in the ###.
Anybody done this before? Please fill me in on what to expect.

Thanks!

Andy

Jeffrv
07-13-2008, 11:48 PM
I have nver had the pleasure of going deep like that on the Pontiac, and I hope I don't ever have to..
In a nutshell, disable the airbag, remove it, remove steering wheel, remove turn dignal switch, remove hazard switch then ignition lock, going back out the way you came in, making sure all switches and SIR coil are centered. If you need more info let me know I can try to give you more info out of the manual
Jeff

Benesesso
07-20-2008, 10:00 PM
Andy:
With so many symptoms going on simulatanously, I suspect there is a ground problem. There is a major ground connection for the instrument panel located behind the left kickpanel, next to the parking brake pedal, perhaps try there first
Jeff

I took a photo of this area, but I can't find the "major ground connection".

Where is it?

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e234/Benesesso/Cars/IMG_2714n.jpg

Jeffrv
07-24-2008, 11:17 AM
Sorry for the delay. You have to remove the left side kick panel, and it is located behind that, just slightly above the emergency brake pedal arm just in front of the door jamb. G200 has a few splices into it almost all of the I/P functions and the power mirrors use G200 as the ground source. Not being computer literate I can't post a scan of the manual pages but you can PM me if you wish
Jeff

elroyas
07-24-2008, 03:55 PM
Hi Jeffvr, thanks for the reply. The ignition switch is a remote switch, located at the bottom of the steering collum. No need to remove the steering wheel therefore. (Thank god). Ordered the switch (Just 20 euro, 28 us, a very common us car part) and will fix it after my holiday.
Looks easy, a big amp connector on the switch. Only fiddly in the adjustment of the actuating rod. And a unconvinient location.
Like I stated in my opening post, a big problem caused by a simple error. Fortunatly.

Benesesso
07-24-2008, 09:17 PM
>"You have to remove the left side kick panel, and it is located behind that, just slightly above the emergency brake pedal arm just in front of the door jamb."<

Jeffrv,

Do you see the ground in my photo 3 posts back?

Jeffrv
07-28-2008, 11:27 PM
Yes I did see the photo you sent. I beleive you still have the kick panel ( the vertical plastic panel immediatly in front of the door) installed, it has to be removed to see the ground stud
Jeff

Add your comment to this topic!