Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

1994 Chevy Cavilier reverse flush

rex99
07-09-2008, 11:12 AM
Hi All,

I would like to know how one can reverse flush the engine and radiator on a Chevy Cavilier 3.1L engine with air conditioning. Usually I'd look for the heater block hoses but I cannot seem to locate them on this engine.

Thanks

--j.c.

Blue Bowtie
07-14-2008, 07:02 PM
You can remove the short bypass hose at the RF corner of the engine, remove the radiator cap, and flush from there.

rex99
08-09-2008, 09:26 PM
You can remove the short bypass hose at the RF corner of the engine, remove the radiator cap, and flush from there.
Thanks....But I'm sort of in the fog. Is this the small perhaps 1/4 to 3/8 inch tube that goes to the top of the thermostat housing? Is there anywhere I can force in a greater amount of reverse flush fluid?

Thanks

--jc

J-Ri
08-12-2008, 04:05 PM
Sorry, I'm a bit fuzzy here... don't remember which year they switched engines. If it's got the flat-ish topped intake manifold, remove the thermostat and use the upper rad hose. If it's the newer design with the 6 runners off the plenum, he means RF of the engine compartment which is actually the LF of the engine. There's a black pipe that runs along the valve cover, on the left side of the pipe (as you're standing in front of the car looking under the hood) is the hose, about 1" diameter, 6" long and bent into a sharp curve.

Add your comment to this topic!