Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

1995 Buick Regal A/C stopped

farewelldave
07-08-2008, 09:23 PM
Hey all, first post here.

I've got a 1995 Buick Regal that has had nothing but problems the last year or two. I hear this is somewhat typical, but anyway...

Two nights ago, was driving home on the highway, and the cruise control just stopped. I tried turning off, resetting the cruise, and still nothing. Well, I realized that at that same time the Air that was on stopped being so cold. By the time I had driven the rest of the way home (20 minutes/20 miles) it was no longer even cold but the same temp as outside.

It's strange that the A/C stopped at the same time the Cruise Control stopped working. Does this turn on any light bulbs for anyone?

Let me know if you need more details.

Thanks,

David

richtazz
07-09-2008, 11:35 AM
Check all your fuses first, as GM sometimes groups accessory circuits together.

farewelldave
07-09-2008, 01:33 PM
Check all your fuses first, as GM sometimes groups accessory circuits together.

Ok, I had checked the fuse panel on the Passenger side on the side of the dash. I did notice that the Cigarette Lighter fuse was blown, but I believe it was already blown. I replaced that one, but it didn't have an effect on either the Cruise or the A/C. None of those fuses say that they're related to anything A/C other than the HVAC blower fuses. Those are good, and I'm getting plenty of air blowing out of the vents, it's just not cold air.

I haven't checked the big fuses/relays under the hood. The paper on the lid of that fuse panel is ruined, and I can't tell which fuse is for what. Is there somewhere online I could find that layout?

Thanks,

David

Add your comment to this topic!