Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

1986 Honda civic 1500 4 door - stalling

fatdaddy62
07-08-2008, 09:27 AM
I am stumped. I have the subject car and when I put an air filter installed the car will shut down. I am stumped by what it can be. The car seems to run fine without having the airfilter installed. I looked on advanced Auto site and saw only three sensors. EGR MAP and Ox. Map costs almost what I paid for the car. What changes happen to make a car shut down as if a computer did it when an airfilter is installed. Car has about 75-8ok miles. it also will stall a couple times until warmed up if I don't sit and let it warm up. I have been able to get starting fluid to spray in carb to get it running again after some cool down. It appears to run fine otherwise. Can anyone help me? I don't have the experience to know nor the money to give to a shop for extensive tests.

somick
07-11-2008, 10:44 AM
Your symptoms do point at a bad MAP. I do not know what kind of sensor you have on your car, but some MAP sensors can be cleaned. You need to look at your factory repair manual. If it is the MAP sensor giving you trouble try junk yard.

Good luck,

Sam

fatdaddy62
07-11-2008, 10:48 PM
Thanks thats a good suggestion appreciate your response. Is there a way to confirm that? Autozone OBD? or something?

Add your comment to this topic!