Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

stealth vs bmw 3 series

cHo
07-06-2008, 01:19 PM
So I was driving out of a 7-11 driveway when a new BMW 3-series pulls up on my ass and refuses to go around. I merge over for him and he has this 'Thats right.. Bow down to me..' look on his face as he pulls up. Honestly the look on his face kind of pissed me off so I decided to teach him a lesson. As he tries to take-off on me, I floor it in 2nd and not only catch him but put about 1.5-2 lengths on him by redline. I let off the gas and slowly decelerate back to normal speeds. Here he comes again, so I downshift and wait. As he's coming up, some idiot decides to hop into my lane going much under the posted speed limit. Purely out of instinct, I gas it and hop in the BMW's lane and back into my own when it was safe. Sat at the light for about 20 seconds before the bmw pulls up to me. He completely avoids eye-contact and hops onto the freeway. Thats when I notice the 335i badge in the back..
I never ran one before and don't consider this a good example as the 335i should be able to spank me and make me cry mommy. Maybe he wasn't full throttling it or he had a big boost leak..? Maybe it was a manual and he doesn't know how to drive stick..? Not sure but the outcome shouldn't have been in my favor..
I'd also like to take this time to say becareful on the roads esp since its 4th of July weekend. Already seen 5 huge car accidents which I can only assume is from drinking, racing, or both. So just remember that while you might be sober, the car right next to you might not..

silentscreams85
07-06-2008, 05:12 PM
maybe he up-badged his car :) nice kill. what do you have done to your stealth?

cHo
07-07-2008, 12:30 AM
Thanks.
mods: k&n intake, Chinaman SMIC kit, Blitz DSBC R set at 12psi (normally run 15 but turned down while breaking in clutch..), some ebay dp that eliminates front precat and main cat, and some muffler shop special cbe thats not exactly the most free-flowing.
Got an AFC Neo ready for install and waiting for my wideband to get in. Then install my custom dp and most likely replace the cbe with a stock exhaust.

UnderEstimate Me
07-07-2008, 01:33 PM
Youre car should be too much slower than his car right? I thought 335i's were low-mid 13 second cars?

cHo
07-07-2008, 03:12 PM
I don't know. Maybe I was just expecting something more. Honestly I have yet to run anywhere near that time. I guess I should look for an S5 to pick on now..:D
I was thinking about a conversation me and a friend had about how a BPU VR4(estimated at 400bhp) should be able to beat a Corvette C5(350bhp) regardless of the weight difference. Now assuming that I'm making near 400bhp and the 335i only makes 300bhp, I would win right? I don't know.. I just wanna hurry up and tune then dyno so I can know exactly where I'm at.

silentscreams85
07-07-2008, 03:39 PM
bro, you should race the new IS-F from Lexus, i heard one open up the other day, that 5.0L sounds like sex on wheels

CassiesMan
07-07-2008, 04:22 PM
I don't know. Maybe I was just expecting something more. Honestly I have yet to run anywhere near that time. I guess I should look for an S5 to pick on now..:D
I was thinking about a conversation me and a friend had about how a BPU VR4(estimated at 400bhp) should be able to beat a Corvette C5(350bhp) regardless of the weight difference. Now assuming that I'm making near 400bhp and the 335i only makes 300bhp, I would win right? I don't know.. I just wanna hurry up and tune then dyno so I can know exactly where I'm at.

If you are at 400, then from a roll yeah you'd win...

335i stock dynos between 275-280 depending on transmission and if it is the sport model or not. Now, send that 335i owner an XEDE, PROcede, or one of the other multitude of piggybacks for it, and its another story.

cHo
07-07-2008, 04:52 PM
I've been secretly jocking the IS-F for awhile now. Was looking for a comparison of the 335i and found a video against an IS-F. Lexus owns of course. Wanna see one run against the new m3.
Most of my friends dynoed around 260-270awhp, the last time they went. I have yet to dyno the car but estimating that I'm around there. So if the 335i dynos 270 to the wheel, shouldn't he be able to beat me? Considering less drivetrain loss and its lighter?

GForce957
07-07-2008, 05:25 PM
Considering less drivetrain loss and its lighter?

Yes it has less drivetrain loss, but you would both have the same amount of power going to the ground. You would just have a higher bhp then a 335.

CassiesMan
07-08-2008, 08:27 AM
I've been secretly jocking the IS-F for awhile now. Was looking for a comparison of the 335i and found a video against an IS-F. Lexus owns of course. Wanna see one run against the new m3.
Most of my friends dynoed around 260-270awhp, the last time they went. I have yet to dyno the car but estimating that I'm around there. So if the 335i dynos 270 to the wheel, shouldn't he be able to beat me? Considering less drivetrain loss and its lighter?

Why would they compare the IS-F against the 335i? What type of idiot does that, that would be like C&D comparing my car to a SmartCar.

And if you beat him, you have more power than he does. Its that simple.

cHo
07-08-2008, 01:03 PM
And if you beat him, you have more power than he does. Its that simple.
Awesome! Glad to know that my good/bad driving skill had nothing to do with it. I'm faster only because I make more power..;)
I fail. :(

CassiesMan
07-08-2008, 03:08 PM
Awesome! Glad to know that my good/bad driving skill had nothing to do with it. I'm faster only because I make more power..;)
I fail. :(

Sorry, but unless its cannonballing, there really isn't that much skill required in running from a roll. You push in the gas pedal. You don't short shift. Thats it.

UnderEstimate Me
07-10-2008, 12:08 PM
http://img178.imageshack.us/img178/4767/lexusvy6.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

CassiesMan
07-10-2008, 12:17 PM
Oh that is just victorious.

GForce957
07-10-2008, 03:49 PM
:lol: awesome

Add your comment to this topic!