Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

cheaper paint than tamiya

zerrocool
03-09-2003, 09:43 AM
i want to know wich color spray to use that is cheaper than tamiya spray, because at our hobbieshop, tamiya paint is 8 euro just fot a little spray can :(.
i heard that there was a alternative at halfords ?

k_dog
03-09-2003, 09:52 AM
Well...in all honesty....most paint is cheeper that Tamiya..but less dependable. In my experiences, Tamiya has the best quality that I have seen. You could go for wal-mart brand paint that runs about $1 USD...
Brian

Vric
03-09-2003, 09:54 AM
Originally posted by zerrocool
i want to know wich color spray to use that is cheaper than tamiya spray, because at our hobbieshop, tamiya paint is 8 euro just fot a little spray can :(.
i heard that there was a alternative at halfords ?

After some bad experience, I will never use any other paint than Tamiya.. I have never had a single problem with Tamiya paint, always perfect paint job.. while with Automotive and Testor, I always got bad result or very hard time to get a good one..

Stay with tamiya.. it worth it..

Graphik Styles
03-09-2003, 09:56 AM
i thought that Tamiya paint was made by Testors just under a different name.............i aint sure.............

Vric
03-09-2003, 10:06 AM
Originally posted by De$i Gank$ta
i thought that Tamiya paint was made by Testors just under a different name.............i aint sure.............

:spit: :hehehe: You win the stupidest Sentence of the week j/k:D

you never used both paint to say something like that !!

Graphik Styles
03-09-2003, 10:11 AM
no i said that cause..........my local hobbyshop guy told me that......i asked him and thats wat he told me..........and i assumed it was tru cause he owns a local hobby store..........

k_dog
03-09-2003, 10:12 AM

hmmm...if u say so....
Brian

Vric
03-09-2003, 10:20 AM
no i said that cause..........my local hobbyshop guy told me that......i asked him and thats wat he told me..........and i assumed it was tru cause he owns a local hobby store..........

LOL it's totaly false

or maybe you mean Model Master !

Model Master is made by Testor, but it's a bit better quality... good alternative if you dont want tamiya paint...

but here, there's 2$ between Model Master and Tamiya, so I don't mind the 2 more bucks... will same time with no sanding, recoating and more

Graphik Styles
03-09-2003, 10:23 AM
i dunno maybe...........but im pretty sure he said tamiya...........ah well watever..........

zerrocool
03-09-2003, 10:23 AM
hm i think i'l stay with tamiya than, thnx for quick replies

daggerlee
03-09-2003, 10:29 AM

You'll soon realize most hobby store owners don't know jack crap about car models! Most of them are just armor/aircraft guys who wouldn't know Tamiya from their rear ends!

supratuner
03-09-2003, 10:44 AM
Originally posted by daggerlee

You'll soon realize most hobby store owners don't know jack crap about car models! Most of them are just armor/aircraft guys who wouldn't know Tamiya from their rear ends!

in my area, the only hobby shop is pretty much 100% muscle cars, so he doesnt know any thing about tamiya, and wont listen to me when i tell him he needs to carry tamiya paint, i tell him its almost better than air brush and he wotn believe me:(

hes a fucking jerk, wont even custom order stuff for me from tamiya
he deosnt know the value of a good customer

flyonthewall
03-09-2003, 11:49 AM
You get what you pay for, dont scrimp and save on things like paints and tools. If you want quality then be prepared to pay for it!

freakray
03-09-2003, 11:55 AM

I recommend you find another hobby store to shop at, the one you have been to obviously doesn't know anything.

chaos
03-09-2003, 12:34 PM

Yeh - the guy at the hobby store I used to go to claimed that Tamiya ONLY made grey primer!

Graphik Styles
03-09-2003, 01:18 PM
thats the only one in my area unless i go downtown which is impossible cause i wont be able to get a ride.........so im stuck wit this guy :(

flyonthewall
03-09-2003, 03:58 PM
Geez man! Some of u guys get told some absolute horse shit by these store owners.:eek:

themodelkid
03-09-2003, 05:26 PM
I still cant belive some people think tamiya and testors are related! Especially a hobby store owner! Testors is a descrace to tamiya!:D Although there model master acril. work pretty good.

Add your comment to this topic!