Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

01 Chrysler Concorde PCM or TCM

mrsseeoh
07-03-2008, 11:20 AM
Does anyone know if this vehicle has a seperate TCM (transmission control module) or is there only one PCM/ECM? My check engine light is on and giving diagnostic code P0605 (TCM ROM fault). Transmission is in "limp-in" mode and remains in 2nd gear. I replaced the output and input speed sensors. Same problem. I'm pretty sure I need to replace the TCM. My reading is indicating that this vehicle may not have a seperate TCM - just the one main control unit. Can anyone tell me if this is correct?

Secondly, can you tell me where in the engine compartment the TCM (or PCM/ECU) is located?

mrsseeoh
07-05-2008, 07:04 PM
Okay. I found out.

It does have a seperate PCM and TCM. Both are located just behind the headlight on the driver side. The TCM is smaller than the PCM.

jermanrat
07-07-2008, 09:43 AM
Does anyone know if this vehicle has a seperate TCM (transmission control module) or is there only one PCM/ECM? My check engine light is on and giving diagnostic code P0605 (TCM ROM fault). Transmission is in "limp-in" mode and remains in 2nd gear. I replaced the output and input speed sensors. Same problem. I'm pretty sure I need to replace the TCM. My reading is indicating that this vehicle may not have a seperate TCM - just the one main control unit. Can anyone tell me if this is correct?

Secondly, can you tell me where in the engine compartment the TCM (or PCM/ECU) is located? Look for a pin pushout at the input and output sensor.

Add your comment to this topic!